If your Windows 8 OS was not updated automatically (through “Automatic Update” feature) in Windows 8.1 Update 1 (latest version – April 2014), then you can follow this tutorial to update your computer manually. Read More
What is an ISO Image – file?
An ISO image (or ISO file) is a single archive file that contains all contents of an optical disk (CD, DVD or Blu-ray). The ISO files have the file extension “.iso” at their end and can be created from any burning software that supports disk imaging, like ImgBurn. Nero, etc. In fact an ISO image file is the exact digital copy of your original optical disk and can be opened, accessed or used as a physical optical disk. ISO files are commonly used to transfer large files over the Internet.
How to mount ISO files.
Step 1. Download and Install “Virtual CloneDrive” (free).
Step 2: How to use “Virtual Clonedrive” to mount image .ISO files.
1. Select the image file (.ISO, .CCD, .DVD, .IMG, .UDF or .BIN ) that you want to mount and press the “right-click” button on your mouse.
2. From the drop-down menu select “Mount (Virtual CloneDrive x:)”.
Note: As “x” is the Virtual drive letter (e.g. “J:”).
3. Now using Windows Explorer find the “Virtual Clone drive letter” (e.g. “J:”:) and double-click on it to explore the image file’s contents.
How to Unmount the image file:
1. Right-click on the virtual Clone drive letter (e.g. “J:”:) and select “VCD” > “Unmount”
Note: Windows 8 OS has built in features to mount .ISO files. Just double-click at the .ISO image file you want to open it and explore its contents.
If you receive the following error when you try to open iTunes then follow this guide to resolve your problem: “This application has failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem” (APSDaemon.exe system error).
How resolve MSVCR80.dll not found error:
Step 1: Uninstall Apple software from your Control Panel
- Open Windows Control Panel. In case you don't know how to do that, here is what you have to do:
- For Windows 8/7/Vista click at: Start > Control Panel >Programs and Features.
- For Windows XP click at: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- From the program list find and remove/uninstall the following applications in the listed order:
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- iCloud (If it exists)
- MobileMe (If it exists)
- Apple Application Support
Step 2: Delete Apple software folders from your hard disk:
- Open Windows explorer and delete the following folders (marked in bold):
- C:\Program Files\Bonjour
- C:\Program Files\iPod
- C:\Program Files\iTunes
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple *
* On 64bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple
- Restart your computer.
Step 3: Install iTunes software on your computer.
- Download and install iTunes Software.
- Run iTunes.
Additional help: If you still have problems with MSVCR80.dll then re-install the MS Visual C++.from the links below:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)
Windows 8 Refresh feature helps you to re-install Windows 8 on your computer without affecting your personal files and settings. This means that all your personal files plus the applications installed from Windows Store are kept and not erased. This is a useful feature in case that your PC isn’t performing very well anymore.
If you cannot print from any Windows application or your printer(s) are missing from “Devices and Printers” (in Control Panel) , then probably the print spooler service is corrupted due to a Windows update or due to a virus attack. Read More
What is "Snap.do" ?
“Snap do” (search.snap.do or search.snapdo.com or www.snapdo.com) is a malicious browser hijacker because it is usually installed on common Internet browsers without user knowledge and it modifies browser settings in order to redirect browsing results to ads from unknown publishers. Read More
System Restore is a Windows feature that included for free on Microsoft’s latest operating systems (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista & XP), that takes snapshots in real time (Shadow Copies) of your operating system's situation. By using the System Restore you can restore your Windows based system, to a previous date/working state without affecting your files and settings. Read More
What is Windows Defence Unit?
Windows Defence Unit is a ransomware software. More specifically, “Windows Defence Uni” is a fake antivirus program that pretends that your computer is under security risks due to vulnerabilities found on it and demands that you buy a license to clean your computer. Read More
What is Windows Security Master?
Windows Security Master is a fake antivirus software. More specifically, “Windows Security Master” is a fake antivirus program that pretends that your computer is under security risks due to vulnerabilities found on it and demands that you buy a license to clean your computer. Read More