If you cannot print from any Windows application or your printer(s) are missing from “Devices and Printers” (in Control Panel) , then probably the print spooler service is corrupted due to a Windows update or due to a virus attack. Read More
System Restore is a Windows feature that included for free on Microsoft’s latest operating systems (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista & XP), that takes snapshots in real time (Shadow Copies) of your operating system's situation. By using the System Restore you can restore your Windows based system, to a previous date/working state without affecting your files and settings. Read More
Internet Explorer 11 (or Internet Explorer 10) is delivered and installed automatically on your computer due to Windows Automatic Updates procedure. If you don’t want the latest version of Internet Explorer version installed on your computer, then you can easily remove it by following the next steps. Read More
In this tutorial you will learn how you can use the "MS Windows Movie Maker" program to rotate a video (movie) and save it at your preferred angle in order to be able to watch it any media player or media device you prefer.
Step 1. Download & Install Windows Movie Maker (Windows Live Essentials).
1. Download and install* Microsoft Windows Movie Maker from this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-movie-maker-download.
Notice*: At installation options choose to install only the “Photo Gallery and Movie Maker” program.
Step 2. Rotate your Video with Movie Maker
1. Open “Movie Maker” program.
2. From “Movie Maker” main menu, click at “Add Videos and Photos”.
3. Find & open your rotated video in “Movie Maker”
4. When your video is loaded in “Movie Maker”, click at the “Rotate Right” option (or the “Rotate Left”) to rotate your video at the direction you like.
Step 3. Save your Video with Movie Maker
1. To save your recently rotated (final) video just go to “Save Movie” > “Recommended for this project” option.
2. Specify a new filename for your video and press the “Save” button.
3. Now wait until Windows Movie Maker saves your video.
4. Finally, click at the “Play” button to watch your video (or at the “Open Folder” option to navigate to the folder where you saved your new video).
That’s all folks.
If you ever captured a video using your phone or video camera and when you tried to play it in your computer, you discovered that the video is rotated, then you can follow the steps below to rotate your video at the right angle by using VLC Media player.
How to rotate a Movie with VLC Media Player
First of all download and install VLC Media Player from here : http://www.videolan.org/ *
* Note: In this guide I have used the VLC Media Player Version 2.1.3 to demonstrate how to rotate and save a video using VLC. If you have problems using another version, then you can download and install VLC Version 2.1.3 from the (official) links bellow:
- Windows 32bit: http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/2.1.3/win32/vlc-2.1.3-win32.exe
- Windows 64bit: http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/2.1.3/win64/vlc-2.1.3-win64.exe
Rotate your Video into the right angle.
1. After the installation, open the video that you want to rotate (rotated video) using VLC Media Player.
2. From VLC Media Player main menu, go to “Tools” and click on “Effects and Filters” options.
3. In “Effects and Filters” options, choose the “Video Effects” tab.
4. At “Video Effects” tab, click on “Geometry” tab.
5. At “Geometry” tab, click the checkbox next to “Transform” option and make sure that the "Rotate by 90 degrees"* setting below is selected. Then choose "Close" to close the window.
Notice*: "Rotate by 90 degrees", rotates your video by 90 degrees clockwise. You can choose any angle you want from the drop down menu.
6. Now if you press the “Play” button on VLC Media Player program you can view (only in VLC Media Player) your video in the chosen angle. Keep in mind that you can repeat the above step if you want to correct your angle.
If you want to save your video in order to play it in any other Media Player or device, then follow the instructions at this article: How to Rotate & Save a video in Windows Movie Maker
Note – Attention. You have to reset all VLC Media Player in its default settings in order to play all your videos in the right angle. To do that:
- From VLC main menu, go to "Tools" and choose "Preferences".
- At "Preferences" options, press the "Reset Preferences" button at the bottom.
- Restart VLC Media Player.
That’s all folks!
Windows 8 Reset feature helps you to re-install Windows 8 on your computer. Windows 8 Reset feature re-installs the operating system on your computer, but deletes your personal files, apps and settings. Read More
In previous versions of Windows, you could get into Windows Advanced Options (Safe mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with command prompt, etc.) by pressing repeatedly the “F8” key at system startup (before the appearance of Windows logo). But in Windows 8 OS, this procedure cannot be done anymore, because Windows 8 boot too quickly. Read More
What are Adware POP-UPs (POP-UP Ads) ?
Adware POP-UPs (POP-UP Ads) are small browser windows that open automatically on your screen and display advertisements in order to get traffic and earn money. Read More
What is “System Restore”?
Windows “System Restore” is a useful utility included on Windows XP and latest Windows versions, that gives you the ability to restore your computer to a previous working state. This feature is useful when your computer doesn’t operate smoothly anymore, due to virus attacks or due to a corrupted file system. Read More
System Restore on Windows OS, is a helpful system feature, that helps users to roll back their operating system to a previous working state without affecting user's files. Read More