If your Windows 8 OS was not updated automatically (through “Automatic Update” feature) in Windows 8.1 Update 1 (latest version – April 2014), then you can follow this tutorial to update your computer manually. Read More
What is an ISO Image – file?
An ISO image (or ISO file) is a single archive file that contains all contents of an optical disk (CD, DVD or Blu-ray). The ISO files have the file extension “.iso” at their end and can be created from any burning software that supports disk imaging, like ImgBurn. Nero, etc. In fact an ISO image file is the exact digital copy of your original optical disk and can be opened, accessed or used as a physical optical disk. ISO files are commonly used to transfer large files over the Internet.
How to mount ISO files.
Step 1. Download and Install “Virtual CloneDrive” (free).
Step 2: How to use “Virtual Clonedrive” to mount image .ISO files.
1. Select the image file (.ISO, .CCD, .DVD, .IMG, .UDF or .BIN ) that you want to mount and press the “right-click” button on your mouse.
2. From the drop-down menu select “Mount (Virtual CloneDrive x:)”.
Note: As “x” is the Virtual drive letter (e.g. “J:”).
3. Now using Windows Explorer find the “Virtual Clone drive letter” (e.g. “J:”:) and double-click on it to explore the image file’s contents.
How to Unmount the image file:
1. Right-click on the virtual Clone drive letter (e.g. “J:”:) and select “VCD” > “Unmount”
Note: Windows 8 OS has built in features to mount .ISO files. Just double-click at the .ISO image file you want to open it and explore its contents.
If you receive the following error when you try to open iTunes then follow this guide to resolve your problem: “This application has failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem” (APSDaemon.exe system error).
How resolve MSVCR80.dll not found error:
Step 1: Uninstall Apple software from your Control Panel
- Open Windows Control Panel. In case you don't know how to do that, here is what you have to do:
- For Windows 8/7/Vista click at: Start > Control Panel >Programs and Features.
- For Windows XP click at: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- From the program list find and remove/uninstall the following applications in the listed order:
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- iCloud (If it exists)
- MobileMe (If it exists)
- Apple Application Support
Step 2: Delete Apple software folders from your hard disk:
- Open Windows explorer and delete the following folders (marked in bold):
- C:\Program Files\Bonjour
- C:\Program Files\iPod
- C:\Program Files\iTunes
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple *
* On 64bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple
- Restart your computer.
Step 3: Install iTunes software on your computer.
- Download and install iTunes Software.
- Run iTunes.
Additional help: If you still have problems with MSVCR80.dll then re-install the MS Visual C++.from the links below:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)
Windows 8 Refresh feature helps you to re-install Windows 8 on your computer without affecting your personal files and settings. This means that all your personal files plus the applications installed from Windows Store are kept and not erased. This is a useful feature in case that your PC isn’t performing very well anymore.
If you cannot print from any Windows application or your printer(s) are missing from “Devices and Printers” (in Control Panel) , then probably the print spooler service is corrupted due to a Windows update or due to a virus attack. Read More
System Restore is a Windows feature that included for free on Microsoft’s latest operating systems (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista & XP), that takes snapshots in real time (Shadow Copies) of your operating system's situation. By using the System Restore you can restore your Windows based system, to a previous date/working state without affecting your files and settings. Read More
Internet Explorer 11 (or Internet Explorer 10) is delivered and installed automatically on your computer due to Windows Automatic Updates procedure. If you don’t want the latest version of Internet Explorer version installed on your computer, then you can easily remove it by following the next steps. Read More
In this tutorial you will learn how you can use the "MS Windows Movie Maker" program to rotate a video (movie) and save it at your preferred angle in order to be able to watch it any media player or media device you prefer.
Step 1. Download & Install Windows Movie Maker (Windows Live Essentials).
1. Download and install* Microsoft Windows Movie Maker from this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-movie-maker-download.
Notice*: At installation options choose to install only the “Photo Gallery and Movie Maker” program.
Step 2. Rotate your Video with Movie Maker
1. Open “Movie Maker” program.
2. From “Movie Maker” main menu, click at “Add Videos and Photos”.
3. Find & open your rotated video in “Movie Maker”
4. When your video is loaded in “Movie Maker”, click at the “Rotate Right” option (or the “Rotate Left”) to rotate your video at the direction you like.
Step 3. Save your Video with Movie Maker
1. To save your recently rotated (final) video just go to “Save Movie” > “Recommended for this project” option.
2. Specify a new filename for your video and press the “Save” button.
3. Now wait until Windows Movie Maker saves your video.
4. Finally, click at the “Play” button to watch your video (or at the “Open Folder” option to navigate to the folder where you saved your new video).
That’s all folks.
If you ever captured a video using your phone or video camera and when you tried to play it in your computer, you discovered that the video is rotated, then you can follow the steps below to rotate your video at the right angle by using VLC Media player.
How to rotate a Movie with VLC Media Player
First of all download and install VLC Media Player from here : http://www.videolan.org/ *
* Note: In this guide I have used the VLC Media Player Version 2.1.3 to demonstrate how to rotate and save a video using VLC. If you have problems using another version, then you can download and install VLC Version 2.1.3 from the (official) links bellow:
- Windows 32bit: http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/2.1.3/win32/vlc-2.1.3-win32.exe
- Windows 64bit: http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/2.1.3/win64/vlc-2.1.3-win64.exe
Rotate your Video into the right angle.
1. After the installation, open the video that you want to rotate (rotated video) using VLC Media Player.
2. From VLC Media Player main menu, go to “Tools” and click on “Effects and Filters” options.
3. In “Effects and Filters” options, choose the “Video Effects” tab.
4. At “Video Effects” tab, click on “Geometry” tab.
5. At “Geometry” tab, click the checkbox next to “Transform” option and make sure that the "Rotate by 90 degrees"* setting below is selected. Then choose "Close" to close the window.
Notice*: "Rotate by 90 degrees", rotates your video by 90 degrees clockwise. You can choose any angle you want from the drop down menu.
6. Now if you press the “Play” button on VLC Media Player program you can view (only in VLC Media Player) your video in the chosen angle. Keep in mind that you can repeat the above step if you want to correct your angle.
If you want to save your video in order to play it in any other Media Player or device, then follow the instructions at this article: How to Rotate & Save a video in Windows Movie Maker
Note – Attention. You have to reset all VLC Media Player in its default settings in order to play all your videos in the right angle. To do that:
- From VLC main menu, go to "Tools" and choose "Preferences".
- At "Preferences" options, press the "Reset Preferences" button at the bottom.
- Restart VLC Media Player.
That’s all folks!
Windows 8 Reset feature helps you to re-install Windows 8 on your computer. Windows 8 Reset feature re-installs the operating system on your computer, but deletes your personal files, apps and settings. Read More
In previous versions of Windows, you could get into Windows Advanced Options (Safe mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with command prompt, etc.) by pressing repeatedly the “F8” key at system startup (before the appearance of Windows logo). But in Windows 8 OS, this procedure cannot be done anymore, because Windows 8 boot too quickly. Read More
What are Adware POP-UPs (POP-UP Ads) ?
Adware POP-UPs (POP-UP Ads) are small browser windows that open automatically on your screen and display advertisements in order to get traffic and earn money. Read More