“The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded” error message means that your profile is corrupted due to several reasons, e.g. after a virus attack, after improper Windows shutdown (e.g. power outage) or after a Windows update. To resolve the "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem just follow the instructions below:
How to solve the User Profile Service Failed The Logon problem.
Step 1: Start your computer in “Safe Mode With Command Prompt”.
First of all you have to boot your computer into safe mode with command prompt. To do that:
- Windows 7, Vista & XP:
- Restart your computer and hit the “F8” key while your computer is starting up (before the appearance of Windows Logo).
- When “Advanced options” menu appears on your screen, navigate to “Safe Mode With Command Prompt” option (using your keyboard arrow keys) option and hit Enter.
- Windows 8 & Windows 8.1:
- Press “Windows” + “R” keys to open the RUN window.
- In “RUN” window “Open” box, type: msconfig
- Press Enter.
- Click the Boot tab.
- Select the Safe Boot & Alternate shell options.
- Press “OK”
- Restart your computer.
* Note: If you want to exit from command prompt environment and boot to Windows normally again, then type msconfig (+ Enter) in command prompt window and then uncheck the Safe boot option at 'Boot' tab.
Step 2. Restore your computer to an earlier state.
Notice: System Restore doesn’t affect your documents and files. System Restore restores and rolls back only system files, settings and programs.
When Windows load:
1. At command prompt window type rstrui and press Enter.
2. At “System Restore” information window, press “Next”.
3. Choose one previous restore point to restore your computer on a previous working state. *
- To see all the available restore points, just check the box “Show more restore points”, under restore points date list.
- If you don't see any restore points then scan your computer for malware and see if helps.
4. After you choose your preferred restore point, press “Next” to confirm your selection and hit “Finish” to start the restoration process.
5. When the restoration process is completed, your computer restarts again and boot to Windows normally. When this done continue to the next step.
Step 3. Clean your computer from Malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free. (Beware: at the last screen of installation, uncheck the box next to “Enable free Trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO” in order to use the free version of this GREAT software).
- Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Update the Database.
- Select Scan from top menu.
- At 'Select a Scan to perform' screen:
- Select Custom Scan &
- then press the Scan Now button.
- At 'Custom Scan Configuration' screen:
- Check all the available checkboxes under Customs Scanning Options (at the left).
- Check the disk's C: checkbox and then press the Start Scan button.
- Wait until the scan process is finished.
- When the scan is completed press “Quarantine All”.
- Restart your computer if needed and you ‘re done.
Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.