On a Windows 10 based computer with the System Protection enabled, the following problem appears when trying to restore a file/folder using the 'Restore Previous versions' feature: "There are no previous versions available".
The error "There are no previous versions available" occurs because in Windows 10 the "Restore Previous versions" feature works only if you have configured the 'File History' to back up your files. This means that the 'Restore Previous Versions' feature in Windows 10, looks at the backup location to find a previous version of a file/folder, and not at the System Restore Points, as happens in Windows 7.
How to FIX: There No Previous Versions of Files Available in Windows 10.
If the 'System Protection' has been enabled on your Windows 10 PC, and you want to restore the previous versions of a file/folder from a previous System Restore point (System Image), then follow the instructions below:
1. Download and install the ShadowExplorer utility on your PC.
2. Open 'ShadowExplorer' and select the date from where you want to restore the file.
3. Navigate to the storage location of the file/folder that you want to restore to its previous version.
4. When you locate the file that you want to restore, right click on it and select Export.
5. Select a location to save the restored file and click OK. (better save the restored file to another location than the original, to avoid overwrite).
That's all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this problem.