If you hear no sound on YouTube with Firefox browser only, then continue below to fix the problem. As you know, YouTube is the most popular website to listen music or to watch videos.
But on some computers you may experience the weird problem of not listening audio while playing YouTube videos in Firefox, while you listen the sound normally with any other browser or program.
The most common issue of lack of sound, is that the sound is muted on the YouTube video, so first of all ensure that you haven't muted the sound.
This tutorial contains instructions to fix the no sound problem on YouTube only with Firefox browser on Windows OS.
How to FIX: No sound on YouTube Videos in Mozilla Firefox browser.
Step 1. Disable the Hardware Acceleration in Firefox.
The most working solution to resolve the "No Audio on YouTube videos with Firefox browser" issue, is to turn off the hardware acceleration in Firefox browser. To do that:
2. Scroll down and then under the Performance setting uncheck the "Use recommended performance settings" box and then uncheck the 'Use hardware acceleration when available" box.
3. Close and relaunch Firefox and try to play a video on YouTube. If the problem persists, continue to next step.
Step 2. Clear Browsing Data (Cookies, Cache, etc.).
The next step to resolve the sound issues while playing YouTube videos in Firefox, is to delete the browsing data. To do that:
1. Open Firefox and simultaneously press Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
2. Choose Everything on top and then click Clear now.
3. Restart Firefox and try to watch YouTube videos.
Step 3. Disable Firefox Extensions.
Sometimes, YouTube videos won't play correctly in Mozilla Firefox, due to a damaged Firefox extension. To bypass the problem, proceed and disable all Firefox extensions and see if the problem persists. To do that:
2. Click Restart with Add-ons Disabled.
3. After Firefox restart, if you can listen audio on YouTube,* proceed and disable all Firefox extensions and then re-enable them one-by-one, until you find out which one is causing the problem.
* Note: If you still do not hear the audio in the YouTube videos, skip to the next step.
To manage (Enable, Disable or Remove) Extensions in Firefox:
3. After restarting Firefox, play a YouTube video and check if you can hear the sound. If yes, perform the same steps and enable one extension at a time, restart Firefox and check the audio on YouTube videos, until you find out which extension causes the problem. Once you find the problematic extension, click the Remove button to remove it, and if the extension is useful to you, reinstall it.
Step 4. Reset Firefox to Default settings.
Another solution, to resolve the lack of sound on YouTube with Firefox, is to perform a Firefox Refresh. To do that:
Step 5. Uninstall & Reinstall the Sound Card Drivers.
Another solution to fix sound problems in Firefox, is to completely uninstall and reinstall the Sound Card's drivers.
1. Navigate to Control Panel > Program and Features and uninstall any software related to your Sound Card.
2. Open Device Manager and expand the Sound, video and game controllers.
3. Right click on the installed Audio device and click Uninstall Device.
4. When done, restart your PC and check if the sound card driver re-installed on your system and the sound is working in Firefox.
Other Solutions to Resolve the "No Sound on YouTube Videos in Firefox" problem.
3. Update the Sound card's drivers from your pc manufacturer's support site.
5. Use another Web browser.
That's all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.