This guide contains instructions on how to completely remove the Mozilla Firefox application and all Firefox's stored profiles (user data and settings) from a Windows system. Use this guide in order to fix Firefox problems or to totally remove the Firefox Web browser from your computer.
By default the Firefox Uninstall process via Programs & Features ("Add/Remove programs" in Windows XP) in Control Panel, doesn't remove the stored personal data (user data) and customizations from the system, so you have to remove all these remained data manually after uninstall. The personal data that stored from Firefox contains important information about you, like your bookmarks, passwords, history, etc., and by default are stored at this location on your computer:
How to Totally Remove Firefox from your system.
Important: If you plan to reinstall Firefox on your system, then learn how to backup and restore your Firefox Profile (Bookmarks, Passwords, Settings) by following the steps in this guide: How to Backup and Restore Firefox or Thunderbird Data.
Step-1. Uninstall Firefox from Windows.
To remove Firefox from your system, use one of the following methods:
Method 1. Uninstall Firefox by using Geek Uninstaller.
At my opinion, the best method to totally remove Firefox from you computer, is by using the FREE GeekUninstaller utility.
1. Download and extract the GeekUninstaller (geek.zip) utility to your computer.
2. Double click to launch the geek application.
3. Right-click at the Mozilla Firefox and choose Force Removal.
4. Ask Yes at the next window and let the Geek Uninstaller utility to remove the Firefox application and registry settings from your computer.
Method 2. Uninstall Firefox from Programs (Windows Control Panel.
The second method, to uninstall the Mozilla Firefox is by using the "Programs and Features" options in Windows Control panel.
1. Navigate to Windows Control Panel. In case you don’t know how to do that, here is what you have to do:
- Windows 7, Vista & XP: Go to Start > Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, Choose Programs –> Uninstall a program (On Windows XP open Add or Remove Programs).
3. Select Mozilla Firefox from the list and click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Firefox Application & Profile folders.
1. After Firefox Uninstall, delete the following Firefox folders (in bold) from your computer.
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox [for Windows 64-bit]
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox *
* Note: To easy navigate to the "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming " folder:
You 're done! If you 're interested to reinstall Firefox on the system, then download the Firefox installer from here.
That’s all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this.