This tutorial contains detailed instructions on how to perform a clean Windows 10 installation on your computer. To perform a fresh install of Windows 10 on your computer you must own a valid Windows 10, 8.1, 8 or 7 key to activate your copy.
In the past if you own a Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 computer the only way to perform a clean install of Windows 10 on your PC is to update first your system from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10, using Windows Update to activate your copy and then to perform a clean installation. Today – fortunately – Microsoft gives the ability to clean install Windows 10 on your system by using a valid Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 key without having to update your system to Windows 10 first.
if you own a new computer with Windows 10 preinstalled and you have already activated Windows, then you don't need to know the product key to re-install Windows 10, because the Activation status is stored on Microsoft's servers and after installation Windows 10 will be activated automatically by using the information from them. In case that you have bought a computer without OS then you can purchase a Windows 10 key from here.
Windows 10 Clean Installation Prerequisites:
1. The clean Windows 10 installation means that all your files and settings will be lost during the installation process, so backup all your important files and settings to another media before continue. (e.g. to an external USB hard drive).
2. To clean install Windows 10 on your computer you need:
1. A valid product key to activate Windows 10:
a . If you install Windows 10 for first time on your computer, you need a valid Windows 10, 8.1, 8 or 7 key .
b. If you re-install Windows 10 on your system (for 2nd, 3rd time, etc.) you don't need a product key, but make sure that you have activated your Windows 10 copy before re-installation.
2. A Windows 10 installation media (USB or DVD). If you haven't own a Windows 10 installation media then you can create one, by using Microsoft's Windows 10 Media Creation tool. If you don't know how to do that, then you can find detailed instructions on how to create a Windows 10 installation media in the following tutorials:
How to perform a clean Windows 10 installation.
1. Power On your system and press the corresponding "Boot Options" key (usually is the "F8" or "F12" key) and then choose to start your system from the Windows 10 installation media you have (USB or DVD).*
* If you don't have a "Boot Options" key, enter your BIOS settings and define as "First Boot Device" at "Boot Order" settings, the "USB" installation media or your DVD, according the Media you have created.
2. At 1st Windows setup screen, choose your language, time and input method & click Next.
3. Then click Install Now.
4. Type a valid Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 key and click Next if you install Windows 10 for first time on this computer. If you have activated Windows 10 on the same computer before, then select "I don't have a product key". (Windows 10 should be activated after installation).
5. Accept the License terms and press Next.
6. Select Custom: Install Windows only (advanced).
7. Delete any partitions (if) listed and then click at Unallocated Space and press Next.
8. Wait while Windows Setup installing Windows.
9. When prompted, click Use Express settings.
10. At the next screen and only if you run Windows 10, you have to choose who owns this pc. At this case, select "My Organization", if your PC belongs to a Domain, or choose "I Own it" if it is a local (personal) computer. Click Next to continue.
In this example the PC is personal, so I have chosen the "I own It" option.
11. At "Make it yours" screen, type your Microsoft account username and password to sign-in to Windows 10, or choose the "Create one" link option to create one new MS account, or press the "Skip this step" link to sign-in with a local account.
In this example I have chosen the "Skip this step" option to setup a local account.
12. At the next screen type a Username and Password, for the new account and press Next.
13. Be patient until Windows 10 installation is completed.
That's all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.