Command prompt interface helps you to execute computer commands and perform several tasks on your computer without using the graphical interface. An elevated command prompt gives you the ability to run commands without restrictions as a computer Administrator (using Administrator's privileges).
This tutorial will show you how to open an administrative command prompt under Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 OS.
How to start Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 8, 8.1 based environment.
Option 1. Run command prompt from Power User Task Menu.
2. From the menu appears click at Command Prompt (Admin) option.
Option 2: Open an Elevated Command using Windows Explorer.
2. Navigate and select a folder on your drive, in order to open a Command Prompt window to that location (e.g. 'C:\Windows').
3. Then at the File menu navigate to Open command prompt and then choose "Open command prompt as administrator".
That's all folks!
Did this article help you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this.
- FIX: TEAMS Sign-in error on Mac 'Selected user account does not exist in tenant Microsoft Services and cannot access the application' (Solved) - December 4, 2023
- How to Upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11 from ISO file. - November 29, 2023
- How to Update to Windows 11 23H2 On Unsupported Hardware. - November 27, 2023