Some users reported that after updating Windows 10 a new language appeared in keyboard list called "QAA Unknown Locale (qaa-latn)". The strange thing about this problem, though, is that the QAA Unknown Locale (qaa-Latn), is not visible in the installed Languages settings of the system, so there is not an obvious way to remove it.
How to Remove qaa-Latn language from Windows 10.
* Note: If you see the unknown language "QAA Unknown Locale (qaa-latn)", after installing an application on your system, then remove the application and see if the problem persists.
Method 1. ADD & Remove QAA LATN language.
The first method to remove the QAA-LATN unknown locale, is to install the QAA-LATN lanuage on Windows 10 and then to remove it from the installed languages. To do that:
2. In Language options click +Add a language.
3. Type qaa-Latn in search box. Then select the Private use (qaa-Latn) language and click Next to install it.
4. After installation, you should be able to remove the QAA-LATN language from your PC.
Method 2. Reset Language Settings.
Another method, to remove the "QAA Unknown Locale (qaa-Latn)" language from the list of languages in Windows 10, is to reset the Windows display language to default settings:
1. Open PowerShell with Administrator permissions. To do that:
- At Cortana‘s search box, type powershell
- Right click on Windows PowerShell result and select Run as administrator.
2. Give the following command to get a list of the installed languages and to view the LanguageTag for each installed language:
3. Now, reset the language list to the default settings for the language you want, by using this command: *
- Set-WinUserLanguageList LanguageTag -Force
* Note: Replace the LanguageTag in the above command according the language that you want to be the default display language.
e.g.: If your preferred language is "English (United States)", give this command:
- Set-WinUserLanguageList en-US -Force
4. Close PowerShell.
6. At Language options, click the Add button to any other language you want and you 're done.
That's all folks!
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.