What is the "9o0gle.com" (BrowserModifier: Win32/Heazycrome!blnk)?
9o0gle.com browser redirect webpage, is categorized as a browser hijacker, because is installed on all known Internet browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc. as an add-on or extension and modifies the browsing settings in order to display annoying banners, pop-up or link ads on every page you visit.
The www.9o0gle.com (aka "BrowserModifier: Win32/Heazycrome!blnk") hijacker can be installed on a computer without the permission or knowledge of the user, slows down your browsing speed and may track users online activity in order to sell private information to third parties.
Why should you remove it?
The 9o0gle.com search page hijacker program was probably installed on your computer without your knowledge and it hijacks your browser settings in order to redirect your web searches to advertisements and earn money for its publishers.
Potentially unwanted programs like the "BrowserModifier: Win32/Heazycrome!blnk", are quite often bundled in the installation files of other legitimate programs (software tools and other stuff). People go through the installation (of the legitimate software) without noticing that they are also installing additional software (like tool bars, extensions, etc.) that is not necessary for the legitimate software to run.
You MUST remove the the BrowserModifier: Win32/Heazycrome!blnk (9o0gle.com) A.S.A.P. Your computer is at a great risk! Never underestimate the power that browser hijackers can have on your life.
How to remove 9o0gle.com browser modifier from your computer?
You can easily get rid of 9o0gle.com – BrowserModifier: Win32/Heazycrome!blnk infection by following the steps given below:
- Step 1. Terminate and remove 9o0gle.com malicious process with RogueKiller.
- Step 2: Uninstall 9o0gle.com.com malicious program from Control Panel.
- Step 3. Remove Adware programs and settings with AdwCleaner.
- Step 4: Remove 9o0gle.com ware files by using JRT.
- Step 5: Remove 9o0gle.com from Internet Shortcuts.
- Step 6: Remove Malware with Malwarebytes AntiMaware.
- Step 7: Scan your computer with ESET Online Scanner.
- Step 8: Remove 9o0gle.com homepage from Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.
Step 1. Terminate and remove 9o0gle.com process with RogueKiller.
– RogueKiller is an freeware anti-malware program, able to detect and remove generic malwares and some advanced threats such as rootkits, rogues, worms, etc.
- Download and run the free portable version of RogueKiller. (Download a compatible version for your system 32bit or 64bit)
- Press the Start Scan button.
- At the next screen press the Start Scan again and then be patient until Rogue Killer scans your system.
- When the scan is completed, press the Remove Selected button.
When the removal is completed press Finish and close RogueKiller.
Step 2: Uninstall 9o0gle.com malicious program from Control Panel.
- Navigate to Windows Control Panel. In case you don't know how to do that, here is what you have to do:
- Windows 7, Vista & XP: Go to Start > Control Panel.
- Set the View By to Small icons. (On Windows XP: click Switch to Classic view on the left).
- Open Programs and Features (On Windows XP open Add or Remove Programs).
- Click the Installed On to sort all programs by the installation date.
- Uninstall the following programs*:
- Then uninstall any other unknown or recently installed program.
* Note: If you cannot uninstall a program, skip this step and continue to the next step.
- Finally Uninstall any unknown program that was recently installed on your computer.
Step 3. Remove 9o0gle.com hijacker settings with AdwCleaner.
– AdwCleaner is a freeware utility that can clean your computer from adware programs.
- Download AdwCleaner utility to your desktop.
- Close all open programs and run AdwCleaner.exe
- At the main window, press the "Scan" button and wait until the scan is completed.
– Finally press the "Cleaning" button to remove all adware programs detected.
– Press OK when asked to restart your computer.
– After the reboot close the report that open. The report contains the adware programs, registry keys and files that removed by AdWCleaner. If you want to examine its contents later, you can find the logfile at AdWCleaner's folder on the root drive (e.g. "C:AdwCleanerAdwCleaner.txt)
Step 4: Remove Junkware files with JRT.
- Download and save JRT-Junkware Removal Tool on your desktop.
- Run JRT and press a key to start the scan.
- Be patient until JRT scans and cleans your system from Junkware.
- When the Junkware Removal Tool scan is completed close the JRT log file and then reboot your computer again.
Step 5: Fix Modified Internet Browser Shortcuts with Shortcut Cleaner.
"9o0gle.com" hijacker also modifies all your Internet shortcuts in order to display the "9o0gle.com" homepage when you open your Internet browser. So you must revert all your Internet browser shortcuts properties to their default values.
Method 1. Automatically clear the redirect page from all Internet Shortcuts.
- Close the Shortcut Cleaner log file (sc-cleaner.txt) and continue to the next step.
Method 2. Mamual clear the redirect page from all Internet Shortcuts.
- Right-click at any* Internet browser shortcut (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome) & choose Properties.
- Select the Shortcut tab (at the top).
- Look at the Target field* & delete the unwanted URL (e.g. "h**p://www.9o0gle.com") attached at the end and click OK.
* Note: You have to modify the Internet shortcuts in the following locations on the disk:
C:\Users\<Your_Username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\
Here are the default target values for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome:
- Internet Explorer (32bit OS): "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
- Internet Explorer (64bit OS): "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
- Mozilla Firefox: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"
- Google Chrome (32bit OS): "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
- OR: C:\Users\<Your_Username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
- Google Chrome (64bit OS): "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
- OR: C:\Users\<Your_Username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
Step 6: Scan and Remove Malware with MalwareBytes Antimalware.
- Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free. *
- * Beware: at the last screen of installation, uncheck the box next to "Enable free Trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO" in order to use the free version of this GREAT software.
- Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Update the Database.
- Press the Scan Now button and then wait until the scan process is finished.
- When the scan is completed select all items found and then press Quarantine All.
- Restart your computer if needed and you 're done.
Step 7. Scan your system with ESET Online Scanner.
2. Accept the license terms and click Start.
3. Wait from ESET Online Scanner to download required components and then:
a. Check the Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
b. Check all the options under "advanced settings". (see screenshot below).
c. Press the Start button to scan and remove viruses and malware programs from your computer.
4. Be patient until the ESET online scanner removes all threats found.
Step 8: Remove www.9o0gle.com homepage and "9o0gle.com" search settings from Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.
– This step is optional and you must apply it, if you still experience problems with your browser in order to make sure that all unwanted plugins, extensions and settings were removed during the above steps.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings.
By resetting Internet Explorer, you restore your browser to the state where it was when first installed on the PC.
- At the Advanced tab press the Reset button.
- Check the Delete Personal Settings checkbox and press Reset.
- Close all Internet Explorer windows and restart your browser.
- Click the gear icon at the top right corner and choose Manage add-ons.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions options at the left pane.
- Select the 9o0gle.com extension and click Disable.
- Close all windows and restart Internet Explorer.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings.
– By resetting Firefox, you restore your browser to the state where it was when first installed on the PC.
- Choose Troubleshooting Information.
Press the Refresh Firefox button.
- Press Reset Firefox again.
(After reset, Firefox restarts automatically.)
- From Firefox's menu choose Add-ons
- Click "Extensions" on the left pane.
- Remove the following extensions from here: "9o0gle.com" (if exists).
- Close all open windows and restart Firefox.
Attention: If you cannot remove the infection from Firefox, of you face other problems (like: you cannot open a webpage in a new tab, etc.) then you have to completely remove and re-install Firefox on your computer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings.
By resetting Chrome, you restore your browser to the state where it was when first installed on the PC.
- At Settings page, scroll down and click to Show Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down again and press the Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset one more time.
- Restart Google Chrome.
- From Chrome's menu choose Settings.
- Click at Extensions on the left pane.
- Restart Chrome.
Attention: If you cannot remove the infection from Google chrome, then you have to completely remove and re-install Google Chrome on your computer.
That's all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about how to clean a computer from 9o0gle.com hijacker infection.