Fix: Chrome displays Blank Page and crashes (Solved)
The Chrome blank – empty -problem or Chrome crash/not responding problem(s), may occur for several reasons e.g. after a virus attack, after a Chrome update or when your Chrome profile becomes corrupted for any reason (e.g. from a malicious extension. power corruption, etc.).
The Chrome blank page problem commonly is faced while you open Chrome or when you try to open the Chrome Settings (or any other option) from Chrome's menu icon.
How to solve Chrome's Empty (blank) Page & Chrome Not Responding problems or crashes.
Step 1: Disable Hardware Acceleration on Chrome.
1. Right click on Google Chrome icon and choose Properties.
2. Go to Compatibility tab, select the Run in 256 colors checkbox and click OK.
3. Now open Google Chrome (should open normally now) and from Chrome's menu icon at the upper right corner), choose Settings.
4. At Settings page, scroll down and click to Show Advanced Settings.
5. Scroll down and uncheck the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox.
6. Close Chrome.
7. Then right click – again – on Google Chrome icon and choose Properties.
8. At Compatibility tab, uncheck the Run in 256 colors checkbox and click OK.
9. Start Google Chrome. Should be OK now! If you still face the blank page problem (or any other problem) with your Chrome browser continue to step 2.
Step 2: Delete your Chrome's Profile stored settings and data.
Most times, Chrome may not responding or crashes if the Chrome profile is damaged. So, an easy method to resolve Chrome problems is to remove the corrupted profile by deleting Chrome's storage profile folder. Keep in mind that, by deleting your Chrome profile storage folder you delete all the stored data (Bookmarks, Settings, Extensions, History, etc.) . So prior deleting your profile, take a backup of your Chrome bookmarks.
1. Simultaneously press “Windows” + “R” keys to open the RUN window.
2. In RUN window copy and paste the following command according your Windows Operating System & press OK:
- Windows 8, 7 or Vista:
- Windows XP:
- %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\
3. Delete the User Data folder.
3. Open Google Chrome. A new 'default' folder will automatically created and you can start use your browser again.
Additional steps to resolve the Chrome blank (white) page or/and Chrome crash problems.
1. Check your computer for viruses, malware, etc.
2. Completely uninstall and re-install Chrome.
That's all folks!
Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.
July 26, 2016 @ 12:32 pm
In my case the only think that worked was the -no-sandbox parameter, but I didn't like this way around so i keep investigating. In the end the problem was solved when I uninstalled Avira Free Antivirus and replaced it with other solution from another company.
January 5, 2017 @ 1:36 pm
its just a awesome & simple solution you provided..I am in trouble with this issues from last 2 month worried to retrieve data back…and it work ..thank you
January 20, 2017 @ 11:33 am
Great. followed step 2 and it works! Thank you.
April 10, 2017 @ 5:33 am
omg thank you. this worked. Deleted user profile was the trick.
August 8, 2017 @ 4:23 pm
Holy! You nailed it. Thank you so much!