This tutorial contains instructions to fix the error 0x80004005 when you try sync files with OneDrive for Business: "We couldn't sync this library. We couldn't set up this library because od a server or list configuration problem. If this keeps happening, please contact your administrator. Once this issue has been resolved you can try setup again. Unspecified error. Errol code=0x80004005; Error source=Groove".
How to FIX Error 0x80004005 in OneDrive For Business.
1. Close any open Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, OneNote, etc.)
2. Open Command Prompt as Administrator and then give the following commands in order:
- taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe
- taskkill /f /im msosync.exe
- taskkill /f /im groove.exe
3. Backup (copy) all your files from the "C:\User\%Username%\OneDrive For Business" folder to another location (folder) on your PC.
4. Then delete all the files from the 'OneDrive For Business' folder.
6. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the following location:
6a. Select and delete all the files inside the SPW folder.
7. Then navigate to the below location, according the installed Office version:
Office 2016, 2019:
7a. Select and delete all the files inside the OfficeFileCache folder.
8. Restart your computer.
9. Start OneDrive for Business and try to sync your files. *
1. If some files are missing after sync, then copy the files from the backup location to the 'OneDrive For Business' folder.
2. If you still receive errors, then perform the following actions:
1. Go to Control Panel > Programs & Features and Uninstall the OneDrive for Business application.
2. Rename the "C:\User\%Username%\OneDrive For Business" folder to OneDrive For Business.OLD"
3. Then proceed to download and reinstall OneDrive for Business from here.
That's all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.