If you want to start the "ThrottleStop" application at Windows startup, then continue reading below. As you may know, ThrottleStop is a small application designed to monitor for and correct the three main types of CPU throttling that are being used on many laptop computers.
In this tutorial I will show to you, how you can start ThrottleStop automatically with Windows by using the Task Scheduler.
How to Start ThrottleStop Automatically with Windows. *
* Note: The instructions and the screenshots of this article were written for Windows 10, but the procedure is working in all Windows versions.
1. Open Task Scheduler. If you don't know how to do that, then…
1. At the search box type Task or Task Scheduler.
2. Open the 'Task Scheduler' from the search results.
2. At Task Scheduler click Create Task.
3. At General tab:
1. Type "ThrottleStop" as the name of the task.
2. Check the Run with highest privileges box.
Note: If you want to start ThrottleStop in the background then place a dot at Run whether user is logged on or not option.
4. Then select the Triggers tab and click New.
4a. At 'New Trigger' window, select Begin the task: At log on and click OK.
5. Then select the Actions tab and click New.
5a. At the 'New Action' window:
1. Select Start a program.
2. Click Browse. Then select the 'ThrottleStop.exe' application and click Open.
3. When done click OK.
6. Then select the Conditions tab and clear all checkboxes.
7. Finally select the Settings tab, and…
1. Leave checked only the Allow task to be run on demand box.
2. Clear all the other checkboxes.
8. When done, click OK.
9. Close the Task Scheduler and restart your computer.
10. After restart, ThrottleStop program, will be started automatically.
Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.
- FIX: TEAMS Sign-in error on Mac 'Selected user account does not exist in tenant Microsoft Services and cannot access the application' (Solved) - December 4, 2023
- How to Upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11 from ISO file. - November 29, 2023
- How to Update to Windows 11 23H2 On Unsupported Hardware. - November 27, 2023