FIX: Network Printing Problems after installing KB5006670 on Windows 10.
In 12 October 2021, Microsoft released the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 KB5006670 which contains security fixes and improvements for Windows 10 builds 20H2, 2004, 21H1 & 21H2. But unfortunately installing the update KB5006670 causes network printing problems as it happened with KB5005565 & KB5005566 updates. *
* Read also: FIX: Error 0x0000011b – Cannot Connect to Printer on Windows 10/7.
This guide contains instructions to fix the following network printing problems after installing KB5006670 update:
- 0x0000007c (ERROR_INVALID_LEVEL)
How to fix KB5006670 network printing problems.
Method 1. Install KB5006738 to fix Network Printing issues.
Microsoft released update KB5006738 on October 26, 2021, which is supposed to fix the print issues that occurred after installing KB5006670. So, before you continue further…
1. Download and install the "Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 (KB5006738)" from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
2. After installation, reboot the computer and then check if the printing problem persists.
Method 2. Fix Network Printing errors caused by KB5006670 by modifying registry.
1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
2. In command prompt give the corresponding command below according your Windows 10 version:
Windows 10 versions 2004, 20H2, 21H1 and 21H2:
- reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Policies\Microsoft\FeatureManagement\Overrides /v 713073804 /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
Windows 10 version 1909:
- reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Policies\Microsoft\FeatureManagement\Overrides /v 1921033356 /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
Windows version 1809 and Windows Server 2019:
- reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Policies\Microsoft\FeatureManagement\Overrides /v 3598754956 /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
3. Restart your computer and check if the printing problem has been resolved.
Method 3. Fix Network Printing Problems by Removing KB5006670 update.
The next method to fix the printing problem on your network printer is to uninstall the update KB5006670 from your system and to prevent Windows to install it again. To do that:
1. Go to Settings -> Update and Security.
2. Click View update history.
3. Click Uninstall updates.
4. Select the KB5006670 and click Uninstall.
5. Restart your PC.
6. After rebooting, perform one of the following actions to avoid reinstalling KB5006670:
Action 1: Pause Updates.
Navigate again to Settings -> Update and Security and click Pause Updates for 7 days, to prevent Windows to install new updates during this period, in the hope that Microsoft will resolve the problem and fix it with a new update.
Action 2. Prevent KB5006670 installation in the future.
1. Download the Show or Hide updates tool "wushowhide.diagcab" tool from here: https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/wushowhide.html
2. Run the tool and click Next at first screen.
3. At the next screen click Hide updates.
4. Let the tool to find the available update and when this done, select the 2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB5006670) and click Next.
5. When the troubleshooting is complete close the troubleshooter and continue your work.
That’s all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.