This tutorial contains instructions on how to install Windows 11 in VirtualBox, even without a TPM chip and with an unsupported processor. With these instructions you will also be able to bypass the error "This PC can't run Windows 11" when trying to install the new OS in VirtualBox.
Officially, Microsoft does not allow the installation of Windows 11 on virtual machines that do not meet the minimum hardware requirements. But, even in systems that owns a supported Windows 11 processor and a TPM v2.0 module, users experiences the following error when trying to install Windows 11 on Oracle VirtualBox virtualization platform:
"This PC can't run Windows 11.
This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements to run this version of Windows"
How to FIX: This PC can't run Windows 11 on VirtualBox.
To bypass the TPM requirement and the "The computer cannot run this version of Windows" error when installing Windows 11 in VirtualBox, continue reading below.*
* Note: Skip steps 1 and 2 and go to Step 3 if you already have a Windows 11 ISO file and have already created a VM machine for Windows 11.
Step 1. Download Windows 11 on a ISO file.
1. Download the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool. (Source).
2. Run the downloaded file and when prompted Accept the license terms.
3. Choose the Windows 11 language and click Next.
4. Choose which ISO File and click Next.
4. Save the Windows11.ISO file to your disk.
Step 2. Create a New Virtual Machine for Windows 11 in VirtualBox.
1. Open Oracle VM VirtualBox VirtualBox Manager and click New.
2. Type a name for the VM machine (e.g. "Windows11"), choose Windows 10 (64-bit) version and click Next.
3. Set the Memory size to 4GB (4096MB) and click Next.
4. Press Create to Create a virtual hard disk now.
5. Choose VID (VirtualBox Disk Image) for disk file type and click Next.
5. Choose to create a Fixed size hard disk file and click Next.
6. Specify the "File location" to save the disk file (or leave the default), and set its size to over 64GB. When done, click Create.
7. Wait until the new virtual disk file is created, and when this done…
8. Open the Virtual Machine's Settings.
9a. Select Storage on the left and click Add Optical Drive.
9b. Select the Windows11.ISO file you downloaded at step-1 and click Choose.
10. Now select System at the left and ensure that the Optical drive is the first boot device in Boot Order. Click OK to apply the changes.
11. Start the VM machine and continue to step-3 to install Windows 11.
Step 3. Install Windows 11 on VirtualBox.
1. At the below screen press the SHIFT + F10 keys to launch command prompt.
2. At command prompt, type regedit
3. In Registry Editor, navigate to this key:
4. Right-click on Setup key and choose New -> Key.
5. Name the new key LabConfig and hit Enter.
6a. Right-click on an empty space at right pane and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
6b. Name the new value: BypassRAMCheck and hit Enter.
7. Repeat steps 6a & 6b and create two more values with names:
8. Now open one-by-one the newly created DWORD values, type 1 at Value Data box and click OK.
9. At the end you should see the follow image in your screen.
10. Close the Registry Editor and the command prompt windows.
11. Finally click Next to start the installation of Windows 11.
That’s all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this.