If you have installed Windows 11 21H2 version on a VirtualBox guest machine and you cannot upgrade it to Windows 11 22H2, because of error "The PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements to install Windows 11", continue reading below to fix the problem.
Problem in details: On a VirtualBox virtual machine with Windows 11 21H2 installed using the "Bypass TPM and Secure Boot" method, the Windows 11 Installation Assistant displays the error "The computer does not meet the minimum system requirements for installing Windows 11", which prevents you from upgrading to Windows 11 22H2.
To bypass this problem and to install the latest version of Windows 11 22H2 on your VirtualBox Windows 11 21H2 machine, apply the instructions below.
How to Upgrade a VirtualBox VM from Windows 11 21H2 to Windows 11 22H2.
To upgrade to Windows 11 v22H2 a VirtualBox virtual machine (or a physical machine*), follow the steps below:
* Note: The instructions also apply to upgrading to the latest version of Windows 11 on a laptop or desktop computer with unsupported hardware.
Step 1. Download Windows 11 22H2 on a ISO file.*
* Note: If you're already have downloaded the Windows 11.iso file, skip to next step.
1. Download the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool from here (Direct link), or here (Source.)
2. Run the downloaded file and when prompted Accept the license terms.
3. Choose the Windows 11 language and click Next.
4. Choose which ISO File and click Next.
4. Save the ISO file as Windows11.iso file to your Downloads folder.
Step 2. Extract the Windows 11 ISO file to a folder.
Now proceed and extract the ISO file you downloaded to a folder:
1. Right-click on the Windows 11.iso file and extract it file to a folder (e.g. If you own WinRAR or 7Zip, select Extract to "Windows11\") *
* Note: If you haven't an archiver program installed, then download and install the 7-ZIP.
Step 3. Create an empty "APPRAISERRES.DLL" file.
1. Open Explorer and from the View menu select Show > File name extensions
2. Then right-click at an empty space on your desktop and select New > Text Document.
3. Rename the "New Text Document.txt" to "appraiserres.dll" and press Enter.
* Note: Pay attention to the spelling and press Yes when prompted to change the file name extension.
Step 4. Replace APPRAISERRES.DLL in extracted "Windows11" ISO folder.
Now proceed to replace the original "APPRAISERRES.DLL" in "Windows11\sources", with the empty one you created on your desktop.
1. Open the Windows11 folder with the ISO extracted files.
2. Then open the sources folder.
3. Locate and delete the "appraiserres.dll" file.
4. Now copy from your desktop the empty "appraiserres.dll file" you created before, and paste it inside the sources folder.
Step 5. Upgrade to Windows 11 22H2 from the "Windows11" ISO folder.
After performing the above steps, you're ready to install the latest version of Windows 11, by using executing the "setup" application from the "Windows11" folder.
1. Open the Windows11 folder with the extracted files.
2. Double-click at setup.exe file to upgrade the virtual machine to Windows 11 22H2.
3. At "Install Windows 11" screen, click Next to start the installation of Windows 11.
4. Then Accept the license terms.
5. Wait the Windows 11 Setup wizard to receive the updates and when prompted click Install.
6. Finally wait the installation to complete and you're done!
That’s all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this.