What is “MacVX” ?
MacVX is a malicious adware application (extension or add-on) that infects Apple Mac OS X based computers. In fact MacVX adware hijacks Internet browser’s search settings in order to redirect the browsing results to ads from unknown publishers and earn money for its publishers.
In this guide you can find detailed instructions on how to get rid of MacVX adware.
Why should you remove it?
The “MacVX” adware program (toolbar, add-on or extension) is responsible for advertisements deals and coupons that are displayed on your Internet browser while you surf the Internet. Programs like this are quite often bundled in the installation files of other legitimate programs (software tools and other stuff). People go through the installation (of the legitimate software) without noticing that they are also installing additional software (like toolbars) that are not necessary for the legitimate software to run.
You MUST remove MacVX adware & hijacker software A.S.A.P. Your computer is at a great risk! Never underestimate the power that browser hijackers can have on your life.
How to remove MacVX Ads & Coupons from your computer?
You can easily get rid of “MacVX” adware infection by following the steps given below:
Step 1: Uninstall MacVX Adware application from MAC OSX.
From Apple’s Finder menu click Go & choose Applications.
2. Find & select the MacVX application and drag it to the Trash.
Step 2: Remove MacVX adware from your Internet Browser.
How to remove ‘MacVX ‘ ads from Safari:
- From Safari’s main menu select Preferences.
- Choose Extensions.
- Select the MacVX extension & select Uninstall.
- Quit Safari and restart your browser.
How to remove ‘MacVX ads from Firefox:
- From Firefox main menu choose Tools > Add-ons.
- Choose Extensions on the left pane.
- Choose the MacVX extension & click Remove. (Also remove any other unknown extension).
- Restart Firefox.
How to remove Ads by MacVX from Chrome:
- Click on Chrome’s menu icon at the upper right corner) and choose “Settings“.
- Choose Extensions.
- Choose the MacVX extension & click the trash icon.
- Close & restart Google Chrome.
That’s all folks! It might sound like a lot of work, but in reality you’ll be free from the “MacVX“ adware infection in less than 20 minutes, if you follow these instructions. Did it work for you? Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about these really annoying crap adware infections.