What is "Flash Player Update is Recommended" popup?
The “Flash Player Update is Recommended” popup is a fake warning message and is a malicious tactic that aims to lead users to install potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) to their computers. If the “Flash Player Update is Recommended” message appears on any website you are visiting, then your computer is already infected with adware or malware programs that can compromise your computer safety and security.
Why you should remove it?
The Flash Player Update is Recommended malicious software is distributed through malicious websites or websites that have been compromised by hackers. If you accept to install the recommended software, then you will install additional malicious software on your computer and after the installation, more popup ads will be displayed when surfing the Internet. The adware program hijacks your browser settings in order to redirect your web searches to advertisements and earn money for its publishers. Users proceed to the installation of the malicious software, without noticing that they are also installing additional software (like toolbars) that is not necessary for their computer to work properly.
You MUST remove the ‘'Flash Player Update is Recommended” infection A.S.A.P. Your computer is at a great risk! Never underestimate the power that browser hijackers can have on your life.
How to remove Flash Player Update is Recommended pop-ups from your computer?
You can easily get rid of “Flash Player Update is Recommended” adware infection by following the steps given below:
Step 1: Remove ‘Flash Player Update is Recommended’ infection with Rogue Killer:
- Download and run RogueKiller.
- Press the “Scan” button (when pre-scan operation is complete).
- Be patient until Rogue Killer scans your system.
- Finally review its findings and press the “Delete” button to clean all malicious entries.
Step 2: Uninstall adware software from your Control Panel
- Open Windows Control Panel. In case you don't know how to do that, here is what you have to do:
- For Windows 8/7/Vista click at: Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- For Windows XP click at: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- From the program list, find and remove/uninstall the following applications:
- Flash Player Update
- Media Player
- Video Player
- Data Manager
- Settings Manager
Advice: Sort the installed programs by “Installed On” date and remove any other unknown or unwanted program that was recently installed on your computer.
Step 3. Remove ‘Flash Player Update is Recommended’ adware with AdwCleaner.
- Download “AdwCleaner” utility to your computer (e.g. your desktop).
- After you download it, close all open programs and run AdwCleaner.
- At the main window, press the “Scan” button and wait until the scan is completed.
- Finally press the “Clean” button to remove all the entries it has found and restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove ‘Flash Player Update is Recommended’ junk ware files with by using JRT
- Download and run Junkware Removal Tool.
- Be patient until JRT scans and cleans your system and then reboot your computer again.
Step 5: Ensure that all ‘Flash Player Update is Recommended’ settings, add-ons & extensions are removed from your Internet browser.
Now that you have done that, you must clean your internet browsers from toolbars, plugins and extensions that are still in there, and also change the default search engine back to Google or to whatever you like to use. The instructions on how to do that are different for each browser. Here are detailed instructions for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.
How to remove ‘Flash Player Update is Recommended’ infection from Internet Explorer:
- From Internet Explorer's main menu, click: the “gear” icon at the top right corner and choose “Internet Options”.
- Go to “Advanced Tab”.
- Click the “Reset” button.
- Check to enable the “Delete Personal Settings”.
- Press “Reset”
- Close all Internet Explorer windows and restart your browser.
How to remove ‘Flash Player Update is Recommended’ infection from Firefox:
- From Firefox Main menu choose “Help” > “Troubleshooting Information”
- Press the “Reset Firefox” button
- Press the “Reset Firefox” button again,
(After reset, Firefox restarts automatically.)
- Close all open Firefox windows..
How to remove ‘Flash Player Update is Recommended’ infection from Chrome:
- Click on Chrome's menu icon at the upper right corner) and choose "Settings".
- Scroll down at “Settings” page and click “Show Advanced Settings…".
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset browser settings” icon.
- Click “Reset” one more time.
- Close Google Chrome.
Step 6: Remove remaining malicious registry entries and files.
- Download and install “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free“. (Beware: at the last screen of installation, uncheck the box next to “Enable free Trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO” in order to use the free version of this GREAT software).
- Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Update the Database.
- Press the “Scan Now” button and then wait until the scan process is finished.
- When the scan is completed select all items found and then press “Quarantine All”.
- Restart your computer if needed and you ‘re done.
One final step: Restart your computer and perform a full scan with your antivirus program.
That’s all folks! It might sound like a lot of work, but in reality you’ll be free from the “Flash Player Update is Recommended’ infection in less than 20 minutes, if you follow these instructions. Did it work for you? Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about these really annoying crap Windows infections.