If you have a Windows 10 Home PC and want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, keep reading below to learn how to do it.
Windows 10 Home is enough for most users and you don't need to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional unless you want to take advantage of BitLocker protection, or if your computer is part of a small business network and you want to take advantage of the advanced features that Windows 10 Pro offers.
Compare Windows 10 Home vs. Pro.
The only requirement for installing Windows 10 Pro or upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, is a valid product key for Windows 10 Pro or Windows 8/8.1 Pro or Windows 7 Pro. (Yes! even in 2022 a valid Windows 7 Pro serial key can be used to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro, or to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro).
So, if you have an old computer with Windows 7 Professional installed and you are not using it, then see if there is a sticker on the case with the Windows 7 Pro product key. This product key is the only you need to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro for free.
In the case that you don't own a product key for Windows 7/8/8.1 Pro, then you need to buy a Windows 10 Pro license.directly from Microsoft or from a third-party seller in a lower price, or you can use the following generic Windows 10 Pro key to install/upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and then to purchase a valid key later to activate them.
How to Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro.
Once you have a valid product key to install Windows 10 Pro, follow the below instructions to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. *
* Note: If you want to perform a clean install of Windows 10 Pro read the instructions on this tutorial.
1. Navigate to Settings > Update and Security.
2. Choose Activation on the left and then click Change product key at the right.
3. Now type your product key and click Next. *
* Note: If you don't have an valid Windows 10, 8 or 7 Pro key, then disconnect from the network before and enter the following generic Microsoft product key to perform the upgrade. (Otherwise you will not be able to upgrade with error 0x803fa067). After installation, you'll need a valid product key to activate Windows 10 Pro and use it without problems.
4. When prompted click Start to upgrade your edition of Windows.
5. Now sit back and wait the upgrade to finish.
That’s all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.