How to Find out which Windows 10 Version is Installed on your Computer.
As you know there are many versions of windows 10 and sometimes there is the need to find out which version of Windows 10 is installed on our computer. In this tutorial you will find all the available methods to see the installed version of Windows.
How to Find out which Edition & Version of Windows is installed on your computer.
* Note: Almost all of the following methods (except Methods 3 & 4), apply to all Windows operating systems.
Method 1. Find Windows 10 Edition & Version using Explorer.
1. Open File Explorer.
2. Right-click on This PC icon (or at "Computer" icon on Windows 7) and choose Properties.
3. Look at Windows specifications section to view the Installed Windows Edition and Version.
Method 2. Find Out the installed version of Windows 10 from Control Panel.
1. Navigate to Windows Control Panel.
2. Click System and Security and then click System.
3. Look at "Windows specifications" section to view the Installed Windows Edition and Version.
Method 3. View Installed Windows 10 Version using Power User menu.
1. Press the Windows key + X key (or right-click at Start button) to open the Power User menu.
2. Select System.
3. Look at "Windows specifications" section to view the Installed Windows 10 Version.
Method 4. Check which Windows 10 Version you're running from Settings.
To view your Windows 10 Version (& Edition) from System Settings:
1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings. (or from Start menu click Settings )
2. Click System & then click About.
Method 5. Find out Windows 10 version using a command.
A common method to find the Windows 10 version is to run the WINVER command in one of the following ways.
Way 1. Run WINVER from Search.
1. At the search box type winver and press Enter.
2. At 'About Windows' window you can see the Windows 10 version and Edition.
Way 2. Run WINVER using Run box.
1. Press the Windows key + R key to open the RUN command box.
2. Type winver and press Enter.
Way 3. Run WINVER in command prompt
1. At the search box type cmd or command prompt and press Enter.
2. At command prompt, type winver and press Enter.
Method 6. View Computer Name in System Information.
1. At the search box type system information and open the System information app.
2. Look at "Version" field to see the installed Windows 10 version (Build). *
* Note: To find out the Windows 10 version from the build number see here.
That’s all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.