The Windows Update Error 0x80070422 in Windows 10, usually occurs if the Windows Update service is not running or is running under a wrong account. In other cases, the error 0x80070422, when checking for updates in Windows 10, can occur after a malware attack, which has disabled the Windows update.
This tutorial contains instructions to resolve the Windows 10 Update problem 0x80070422: "There were some problems installing updates, but we "ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)".
How to Solve Error 0x80070422 in Windows 10 Update.
Step 1. Scan your computer for viruses.
Step 2. FIX Windows Update Service's Properties.
1. Open Windows Services control panel: To do that:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.
- In the Search box, type: services.msc & click OK.
- (Accept the UAC warning if appears).
2. Right-click on Windows Update service and select Properties.
3. At General tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
4. At Log On tab make sure that the Local System Account is checked.
5. Hit OK to apply changes.
6. Make Sure that the following services are up and running. (If not, set the Startup Type to Automatic.)
- DCOM Server Process Launcher.
- Windows Defender Firewall
7. Restart your computer.
8. After restart, check that the above three (3) mentioned services are up and running.
8. Proceed and Check for Updates. If you still receive the error 0x80070422 on Windows Update, then continue to the next step.
Step 3. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
1. Download and then run the Windows Update Troubleshooter for Windows 10.
2. Click Next at the first screen.
3. Click Try troubleshooting as an administrator.
4. Click Next again and then let the 'Troubleshooter' to detect the problems with the Windows Update.
5. When prompted click Apply this fix.
6. When the repair is completed proceed to check and install updates.
That’s all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.