Close
Skip to content

21 Comments

  1. sutax
    November 20, 2018 @ 6:26 pm

    I just removed the developer mode and worked perfectly for me, thank you

    Reply

  2. Giuseppe
    December 4, 2018 @ 5:16 pm

    I removed developer mode and reboot but the message from SetupDiag is still there (the second of three at the beginning of this article). What can I do now?

    Reply

  3. Playing Deep
    December 5, 2018 @ 11:01 am

    It works pretty well.
    These instructiona really help me.
    Thanks a lot !!!

    Reply

  4. Samuel
    December 9, 2018 @ 11:31 pm

    It didn't not work for me, I have this error about developer mode and yet it is not activated on my PC (It my have at some point) but since I fully reinstalled 1709 (Education N) and I am not able to update to 1803 or 1809…
    If you have any idea How I could fully clean this developer thing maybe? I would like to avoid to reinstall fully again.
    Thanks

    Reply

    • Lakonst2013
      December 10, 2018 @ 9:55 am

      Samuel, try the following:
      1. Make sure that your date/time settings are correct.
      2. Make sure that you have enough free space. Your device requires at least 16 GB of free space to upgrade a 32-bit OS, or 20 GB for a 64-bit OS. To free up disk space use Disk Cleanup.
      3. Install the latest device drivers and the latest BIOS (firmware) for your system.
      4. Disable the Hard Drive Encryption (If enabled)
      5. Temporarily uninstall any non-Microsoft security software (Antivirus, Firewall)
      6. Disconnect any external devices that don't needed during the installation (e.g. USB storage devices, USB Wireless Adapters, etc.)
      7. Install the latest Serving Stack Update for Windows 10 1809

      Reply

  5. ri song
    December 12, 2018 @ 1:38 pm

    finally solve this, thanks

    Reply

  6. Bw
    December 17, 2018 @ 11:31 am

    After many days of frustration and attempts, this turned out to be the issue with Update Assistant and the Media Creation Tool for build 1809. Thanks so much!

    Reply

  7. Carlos
    December 18, 2018 @ 7:40 pm

    Thank you so so much. I've had this issue for a long time and I wasn't able to get rid of it! Uninstalling the Developer Package sealed the deal!

    Reply

  8. Thorsten
    December 19, 2018 @ 9:09 pm

    wished someone tought me this earlier…
    Success!

    GREAT Job, man!

    thanks a ton from Bonn

    Reply

  9. skreo56
    January 5, 2019 @ 3:21 am

    Merci beaucoup!!!

    Since last August, my 1803 was unable to perform any cumulative updating and Windows Update was slowing down my computer each time I turned it on.
    Due to you, I 've been able to update to 1809.
    thanks once more so, for helping to solve the "0x800f081f – 0x20003" deal
    Everything is working fine again now!

    Happy new year by the way from Bretagne (Brittany-France)

    Reply

  10. sdg34
    January 17, 2019 @ 2:59 am

    Thank you!

    Reply

  11. Musenginst
    January 17, 2019 @ 2:51 pm

    Excellent advice. I had exactly that symptom and following your suggestion fixed it for me.

    Reply

  12. Eric Harmon
    January 30, 2019 @ 1:45 pm

    I was having that same issue, but the suggestions didn't work for me. However, I did manage to get upgraded last night so I thought I'd share what finally worked for me. I did two things at the same time, so I'm not sure which one did it.

    I *did* have developer mode on (but had never run any of the Insider builds). I turned off developer mode as described here and rebooted, to no avail.

    I had been running Windows10Upgrade28085.exe for all failed attempts. I found a different link somewhere to download the upgrade utility, and wound up downloading Windows10Upgrade9252.exe. The two upgrade utilities are slightly different sizes, and I would think 9252 would be older, but both of them, when running, told me that 1809 was the latest version. I doubt this particular difference had anything to do with my success.

    I'm running a Surface Book 2 connected to a Microsoft Dock (with two external monitors on it), along with a 4 TB USB external drive connected directly to the laptop. I disconnected the laptop from the dock completely, plugged it directly into the wall, and ran the 9252 upgrader described above. It upgraded perfectly.

    I believe that undocking the laptop and/or removing the external drive was the key to allowing me to upgrade. I hope this information is beneficial to someone else.

    Reply

  13. Andu
    February 9, 2019 @ 10:55 pm

    This was the only thing that helped, after googling for four months. Thank you!

    Reply

  14. Emeka
    February 10, 2019 @ 10:17 am

    This works for sure. You saved some hours of tedious job.

    Reply

  15. Anonymous
    February 13, 2019 @ 5:30 pm

    Spot on mate!

    Reply

  16. Dh_epsilon
    February 15, 2019 @ 8:31 am

    Thank you bro ,You made my life

    Reply

  17. Luc
    February 22, 2019 @ 1:30 am

    Working also for me, thanks

    Reply

  18. Alessandro
    March 1, 2019 @ 7:17 pm

    Worked for me! You made my day! Thank You

    Reply

  19. Scoop
    May 10, 2019 @ 5:09 pm

    I did not have developer mode installed, but my problem was with the .Net 3.5 feature being installed. Remove that feature using the legacy Control Panel "Programs and Features" option. If you have an app that needs that feature, then re-install the .Net 3.5 feature after the upgrade.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

css.php