The Windows 10 Update error 0x80070bc2 occurred when trying to install the Cumulative Update KB4093112. In fact, Windows 10 (v1709) after downloading the KB4093112 update starts the installation, but at the end, the KB4093112 update installation is interrupted with error 0x80070bc2 or 0x800f0900.
This tutorial contains instructions to resolve the installation problems with the Windows 10 KB4093112 Update.
How to FIX: Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4093112 Installation failed.
Important: In some cases the Windows Upgrade stuck because of a connected USB device on the system. So, before proceeding to the methods below, try to unplug any USB Wireless receiver (for Mouse or Keyboard) or any Storage Device (e.g. USB Flash Disk) or any USB printer connected on the computer and try to install the update(s).
Method 1. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
The first method to fix the Windows 10 update error 0x80070bc2, is to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
1. Download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
2. Click Next at the first screen.
3. Click Try troubleshooting as an administrator.
4. Follow the on screen instructions to fix problems with Windows update.
5. When the repair is completed, try to install updates.
Method 2. Reinstall the Update KB4093112 Manually.
The “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution“, is the location where Windows store the Windows Updates. Many times this folder becomes corrupted and you must re-create it in order to download updates and install from scratch. To rebuild (re-create) the “SoftwareDistribution” folder follow the steps below:
Step 1: Stop Windows Update Service.
1. Open Windows Services control panel: To do that:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.
- In the Search box, type: services.msc & click OK.
- (Accept the UAC warning if appears).
2. In Services control panel locate the Windows Update service.
3. Right-click on Windows Update service and select “Stop”.
Step 2: Delete the SoftwareDistribution folder.
1. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to: C:\Windows folder.
2. Find and Delete the “SoftwareDistribution” folder (or rename it. e.g. to “SoftwareDistributionOLD”) .
Step 3: Start the Windows Update Service.
1. Open Windows Services control panel.
2. Right-click on Windows Update service and select “Start”.
Step 4: Install the KB4093112 Manually.
1. Download and then install the 2018-04 Cumulative Update KB4093112 for Windows 10 Version 1709 manually.
Method 3. Block the KB4093112 Update Installation.
If you still face problems when you try to install the Update KB4093112 , then proceed and prevent the update installation.
1. Download the Show or Hide Updates tool.
2. Run the tool and click Next at the first screen.
3. Let the tool, to search for the available updates and then choose Hide updates.
4. At the next screen, check the '2018-04 Cumulative Update KB4093112' and click Next.
Method 4. Repair Windows 10.
The final method to resolve the Windows 10 KB4093112 Update installation error, is to repair Windows 10 with In-Place Upgrade.
That’s all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.