On a Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise computer the following error may appear when trying to turn on BitLocker drive encryption on the Operating System drive: "This device can't use a Trusted Platform Module. Your administrator must set the "Allow BitLocker without a compatible TPM" option in the "Require additional authentication at startup" policy for OS volumes".
This tutorial contains instructions to resolve the following BitLocker error: "This device can't use a Trusted Platform Module…" on Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise Editions.
How to Fix: "This device can't use a Trusted Platform Module" error in Bit Locker.
BitLocker provides the most protection when used with a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 1.2 or later. If you own a computer that does not have a TPM module, then you must disable the TPM requirement for BitLocker in group policy. To do that:
3. At the left pane navigate to:
- Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\ BitLocker Drive Encryption\Operating System Drives
4. Then click at Require additional authentication at startup on the right pane.
5. Click Enabled and then check the Allow BitLocker without a compatible TPM checkbox.
6. Click OK and close the Group Policy Editor.
7. You 're done! Proceed to enable the BitLocker protection on the operating system drive, without any problem.
That's all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.