A few days ago, one of my clients mentioned to me that sheet tabs are missing in one of the Excel workbooks. After solving the "Excel tabs missing" problem on his computer, I decided to write a tutorial with the detailed steps I followed to restore the missing sheet tabs from the Excel file.
This article provides detailed instructions to resolve the "missing sheets" issue on a Excel Workbook.
How to Fix: Excel Worksheet Tabs not Visible.
If you can't see the tabs in an Excel Workbook, try the following:
Method 1. Arrange all windows of the active workbook.
1. Go to the View tab and click Arrange All.
2. Select Tiled and Windows of active workbook and click OK.
3. If you see the missing tabs, click Save to save the current view, otherwise continue below.
Method 2. Reveal Hidden Excel Worksheets.
3. If the hidden tabs are visible again, click Save to save this view, other otherwise continue below.
Method 3. Activate the 'Show sheet tabs' option.
If the Excel sheets are not visible after applying the above, check the "Show sheet tabs" setting in Excel options. To do that:
1. Go to File menu and select Options.
2. Select the Advanced tab on the left and at the right, under the Display options for this workbook, check the Show sheet tabs box and click OK.
3. Click Save to save this view.
That's all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this.