PCLock2 Cryptolocker virus is another ransomware software and whenever it infects your PC, deletes all the system restore points, encrypts its data with a strong encryption and then displays a ransom screen that informs you that “your personal files are encrypted” and demands a payment in order to decrypt your files.
Once your computer data are encrypted with PCLock2 Cryptolocker virus, then a message appears on your screen giving you a time limit of 72 hours in order to pay the ransom and decrypt your files. Many users (on the Internet) complained that the files are remained encrypted even after having paid the ransom. So do not pay the ransom.
In this article you can find detailed instructions on how to decrypt the PcLock2 encrypted files by taking advantage of PClock2 Decryptor utility by Emsisoft without paying the ransom and then remove the new PClock2 Cryptolocker virus from your computer.
How to decrypt PClock2 Cryptolocker encrypted files and remove the infection?
You can decrypt PCLock2 Cryptolocker’s encrypted files if you use the Emsisoft Decryptor for PClock2 utility prior cleaning your system from the virus or re-installing the OS. After you get you files back, then you can safely proceed to remove the PCLock2 infection from your system. The detailed instructions on how you can do that, are described below.
ONCE AGAIN: DO NOT REMOVE the PCLock2 infection before decrypting the encrypted files.
Step 1. Decrypt PCLock2 encrypted files.
- Download and save Emsisoft Decryptor for PClock2 to your desktop.
- Run decrypt_pclock2.exe.
(The program will add automatically the encrypted files)
- Press the Decrypt button to start the decryption.
That’s it! If you still face problems during this process, try to restore your files using Shadow Copies or read these threads:
How to remove Cryptolocker PCLock2 ransomware infection?
After you decrypt your files, proceed to remove the PCLock2 ransomware infection from your computer.
Step 1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking.
First of all you have to boot your computer into safe mode to prevent PCLock2 Cryptolocker virus from running. To do that:
- Windows 7, Vista & XP:
- Restart your computer and hit the “F8” key while your computer is starting up (before the appearance of Windows Logo).
- When “Advanced options” menu appears on your screen, navigate to “Safe Mode With Networking” option (using your keyboard arrow keys) option and hit Enter.
- Windows 8 & Windows 8.1:
- Press “Windows” + “R” keys to open the RUN window.
- Type msconfig & press OK.
- Click the Boot tab.
- Select the Safe Boot & Network options & click OK.
- Restart your computer.
Step 2. Terminate and remove malicious processes with RogueKiller.
– RogueKiller is an freeware anti-malware program, able to detect and remove generic malwares and some advanced threats such as rootkits, rogues, worms, etc.
- Download and run RogueKiller. (Download a compatible version for your system 32bit or 64bit)
- Allow the Pre-Scan to complete and then press the Scan button.
- Be patient until Rogue Killer scans your system.
- When the scan is completed, select all items found at Registry & Web Browsers tabs.
- Press the “Delete” button to remove items found.
Step 3: Remove PClock2 Cryptolocker virus with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
- Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free. *
* Beware: at the last screen of installation, uncheck the box next to “Enable free Trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO” in order to use the free version of this GREAT software.
- Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Update the Database.
- Press the Scan Now button and then wait until the scan process is finished.
- When the scan is completed select all items found and then press Quarantine All.
- Restart your computer if needed and you ‘re done.
That’s all folks!
Did it work for you? Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about these really annoying crap Windows infections.