Remove Auto PC Backup Malicious program (Adware Removal Guide)
What is the "Auto PC Backup"?
AutoPcBackup is categorized as a malicious program. When AutoPcBackup is installed on your computer, compromises your computer security and more advertisements popups are displayed on your screen while you using your computer. Malware programs are potentially unwanted programs (PUP) because they can be installed on a computer and modify the computer settings without the permission or knowledge of the user.
AutoPcBackup is an Adware program that can be installed on all known Internet browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc. as add-on or extension aiming to modify the search results to content from relevant ads and gain profit. On the other hand AutoPcBackup adware program slow down your computer or browsing speed and may track users online activity in order to sell private information to third parties.
Why should you remove it?
The AutoPcBackup is a malicious program, because it was most probably installed on your computer without your knowledge and compromises your safety and security when running.
Potentially unwanted programs like AutoPcBackup, are quite often bundled in the installation files of other legitimate programs (software tools and other stuff). People go through the installation (of the legitimate software) without noticing that they are also installing additional software (like tool bars, extensions, etc.) that is not necessary for the legitimate software to run.
You MUST remove the AutoPcBackup A.S.A.P. Your computer is at a great risk! Never underestimate the power that browser hijackers can have on your life.
How to remove Auto PC Backup from your computer?
You can easily get rid of AutoPcBackup virus infection by following the steps given below:
- Step 1. Terminate and remove AutoPcBackup malicious process with RogueKiller.
- Step 2: Uninstall Auto PC Backup malicious program from Control Panel.
- Step 3. Remove AutoPcBackup Ads and Adware settings with AdwCleaner.
- Step 4: Remove Auto PC Backup Junk ware files with by using JRT.
- Step 5: Remove Ads By AutoPcBackup with MalwareBytes Antimalware.
- Step 6: Remove AutoPcBackup infection from Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.
Step 1. Terminate and remove AutoPcBackup Adware program with RogueKiller.
– RogueKiller is an freeware anti-malware program, able to detect and remove generic malwares and some advanced threats such as rootkits, rogues, worms, etc.
- Download and run RogueKiller. (Download a compatible version for your system 32bit or 64bit)
- Allow the Pre-Scan to complete and then press the Scan button.
- Be patient until Rogue Killer scans your system.
- When the scan is completed, select all items found at Registry & Web Browsers tabs.
- Press the “Delete” button to remove items found.
Step 2: Uninstall AutoPcBackup malware program from Control Panel.
- Navigate to Windows Control Panel. In case you don't know how to do that, here is what you have to do:
- Windows 8: Right click on the lower left corner on your screen and select Control Panel.
- Windows 7, Vista & XP: Go to Start > Control Panel.
- Set the View By to Small icons. (On Windows XP: click Switch to Classic view on the left).
- Open Programs and Features (On Windows XP open Add or Remove Programs).
- Click the Installed On to sort all programs by the installation date.
- Uninstall the following programs*:
* Note: If you cannot uninstall a program, skip this step and continue to the next step.
- Finally Uninstall any unknown program that was recently installed on your computer.
Step 3. Remove AutoPcBackup malicious settings with AdwCleaner.
– AdwCleaner is a freeware utility that can clean your computer from adware programs.
- Download AdwCleaner utility to your desktop.
- Close all open programs and run AdwCleaner.exe
- At the main window, press the “Scan” button and wait until the scan is completed.
– Finally press the “Cleaning” button to remove all adware programs detected.
– Press OK when asked to restart your computer.
– After the reboot close the report that open. The report contains the adware programs, registry keys and files that removed by AdWCleaner. If you want to examine its contents later, you can find the logfile at AdWCleaner's folder on the root drive (e.g. "C:AdwCleanerAdwCleaner.txt)
Step 4: Remove AutoPcBackup Junkware files with by using JRT
- Download and save JRT-Junkware Removal Tool on your desktop.
- Run JRT and press a key to start the scan.
- Be patient until JRT scans and cleans your system from Junkware.
- When the Junkware Removal Tool scan is completed close the JRT log file and then reboot your computer again.
Step 5: Remove AutoPcBackup with MalwareBytes Antimalware.
- Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free. *
- * Beware: at the last screen of installation, uncheck the box next to “Enable free Trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO” in order to use the free version of this GREAT software.
- Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Update the Database.
- Press the Scan Now button and then wait until the scan process is finished.
- When the scan is completed select all items found and then press Quarantine All.
- Restart your computer if needed and you ‘re done.
Step 6: Remove Auto Pc Backup Settings, Toolbar and Extensions from Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.
– This step is optional and you must apply it, if you still experience problems with your browser in order to make sure that all unwanted plugins, extensions and settings were removed during the above steps.
The instructions on how you can reset Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox to default settings and remove any other malware extension, or setting, that still persists, are described below.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings.
By resetting Internet Explorer, you restore your browser to the state where it was when first installed on the PC.
- At the Advanced tab press the Reset button.
- Check the Delete Personal Settings checkbox and press Reset.
- Close all Internet Explorer windows and restart your browser.
- Click the gear icon at the top right corner and choose Manage add-ons.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions options at the left pane.
- Select the AutoPcBackup extension and click Disable.
- Close all windows and restart Internet Explorer.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings.
– By resetting Firefox, you restore your browser to the state where it was when first installed on the PC.
- Choose Troubleshooting Information.
Press the Refresh Firefox button.
- Press Reset Firefox again.
(After reset, Firefox restarts automatically.)
- From Firefox's menu choose Add-ons
- Click “Extensions” on the left pane.
- Remove the following extensions from here: “AutoPcBackup” (if exists).
- Close all open windows and restart Firefox.
Attention: If you cannot remove the infection from Firefox, of you face other problems (like: you cannot open a webpage in a new tab, etc.) then you have to completely remove and re-install Firefox on your computer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings.
By resetting Chrome, you restore your browser to the state where it was when first installed on the PC.
- At Settings page, scroll down and click to Show Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down again and press the Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset one more time.
- Restart Google Chrome.
- From Chrome's menu choose Settings.
- Click at Extensions on the left pane.
- Restart Chrome.
Attention: If you cannot remove the infection from Google chrome, then you have to completely remove and re-install Google Chrome on your computer.
That’s all folks! It might sound like a lot of work, but in reality you’ll be free from the AutoPcBackup virus infection in less than 20 minutes, if you follow these instructions.
Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about these really annoying crap Windows infections.