This tutorial contains instructions to resolve the "Outlook Automatic Send/Receive not Working" issue: Messages are not automatically downloaded (received) at Outlook startup and Outlook doesn't send and receive emails in the specified schedule period. The issue may occur in the Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016.
If you start Outlook and the program does not automatically perform a send-receive operation, unless you do a manual send/receive and Outlook doesn't check for new emails using the frequency setting in "Send/Receive Groups" –> "Define Send/Receive Groups", then read this tutorial to resolve the problem.
How to fix: Auto Send Receive not Working in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 or 2007
1. From Outlook 2010, 2013 or 2016 main menu,* click the "SEND / RECEIVE" tab and then expand Send/Receive Groups.
* In Outlook 2007 go to: Tools –> Send/Receive –> Send/Receive Settings.
2. Uncheck the "Disabled Scheduled Send/Receive" option.
3. Restart Outlook and check if Outlook performs the automatic "Send/Receive" operation at startup or when using the program. If not, then continue to next step.
4. From Outlook 2010, 2013 or 2016 main menu, go to File –> Options. *
* In Outlook 2007 go to: Tools –> Send/Receive Settings –> Define Send/Receive Groups. Then continue to step-6
5. Click Advanced on the left and under the Send Receive section, click the Send/Receive button.
6. Click New.
7. Type a name for the new group (e.g. "My Group") and click OK.
8. At "Send/Receive Settings" check the "Include the selected account in this group" and click OK. *
* If you 're using more than one emails accounts, then perform the same action to all the listed accounts.
9. Then – if you want – specify how often you want Outlook to Send/Receive messages.
10. Then highlight the "All Accounts" group and click Remove.
11. Close "Send/Receive Groups" window and restart Outlook.
That’s all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.