If you receive the following error when you try to open iTunes then follow this guide to resolve your problem: "This application has failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem" (APSDaemon.exe system error).
How resolve MSVCR80.dll not found error:
Step 1: Uninstall Apple software from your Control Panel
- Open Windows Control Panel. In case you don't know how to do that, here is what you have to do:
- For Windows 8/7/Vista click at: Start > Control Panel >Programs and Features.
- For Windows XP click at: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- From the program list find and remove/uninstall the following applications in the listed order:
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- iCloud (If it exists)
- MobileMe (If it exists)
- Apple Application Support
Step 2: Delete Apple software folders from your hard disk:
- Open Windows explorer and delete the following folders (marked in bold):
- C:\Program Files\Bonjour
- C:\Program Files\iPod
- C:\Program Files\iTunes
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple *
* On 64bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple
- Restart your computer.
Step 3: Install iTunes software on your computer.
- Download and install iTunes Software.
- Run iTunes.
Additional help: If you still have problems with MSVCR80.dll then re-install the MS Visual C++.from the links below:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)