What is “Mysearchdial”?
“Mysearchdial” is a browser hijacker because it is usually installed on common Internet browsers without user knowledge and it modifies browser settings in order to redirect browsing results to ads from unknown publishers.
Why you should remove it?
The “Mysearchdial” toolbar was most probably installed on your computer without your knowledge and it hijacks your browser settings in order to redirect your web searches to advertisements to earn money for its publishers. Programs like this are quite often bundled in the installation files of other legitimate programs (software tools and other stuff). People go through the installation (of the legitimate software) without noticing that they are also installing additional software (like toolbars) that is not necessary for the legitimate software to run.
You MUST remove “Mysearchdial Toolbar” hijacker A.S.A.P. Your computer is at a great risk! Never underestimate the power that browser hijackers can have on your life.
How to uninstall “Mysearchdial” from your computer?
You can easily get rid of “Mysearchdial” infection by following the steps given bellow:
Step 1: Uninstall “Mysearchdial” from your control panel
- Open Windows control panel. In case you don’t know how to do that, here is what you have to do:
- For Windows 8/7/Vista click at: Start > Control Panel >Programs and Features.
- For Windows XP click at: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- From the program list find and remove/uninstall the following applications:
- Uninstall all other applications from “Mysearchdial” publisher.
Step 2. Remove “Mysearchdial toolbar” Adware by using AdwCleaner.
- Download “AdwCleaner” utility to your computer (e.g. your desktop).
- After you download it, close all open programs and run AdwCleaner.
- At the main window, press the “Scan” button and wait until the scan is completed.
- Finally press the “Clean” button to remove all the entries it has found and restart your computer.
Step 3: Ensure that all “Mysearchdial” search settings and extensions are removed from your Internet browser.
- From Internet Explorer’s main menu, click: “Tools ” (the gear icon) and choose “Internet Options”.
- At “General” tab, delete the “start.mysearchdial.com” from “Home page” box & type your preferred homepage.
- Then at the “Search” section, press the “Settings” button.
- On “Search Providers” options:
- Choose and “Set as default” the search provider you want (e.g. Google).
- Then select the “MySearchDial” search provider and click “Remove“.
- Finally go to “Toolbars and Extensions” options at the left pane.
- Select any extension from “Mysearchdial“ publisher that exists there and click “Disable“.
- Close all Internet Explorer windows and restart your browser.
- Press the Firefox menu button (from the top left) and choose “Options”.
- At “General” tab:
- Delete the “start.mysearchdial.com” from the “Home Page” box and type your preferred homepage.
- Close Firefox options and then go again to FF main menu & choose “Add-ons”.
- Click “Extensions” on the left pane and remove the following extensions from here: MySearchDial.
- Close all Firefox windows and restart your browser.
- Click on Chrome’s menu (the gear icon at the upper right corner) and choose “Settings“.
- Look on “Startup” section and choose “Set Pages“.
- Delete the unwanted home page “start.mysearchdial.com” by pressing the “X” symbol on the right.
- Then set your preferred startup page (for example http://www.google.com) and press “OK“.
- Now go to “Appearance” section, and click to enable the “Show Home button” checkbox.
- Delete the unwanted webpage “start.mysearchdial.com” from “Open this page” box.
- Set your preferred webpage to open when you press the “Home page” button & press “OK”.
- Finally choose “Extensions” on the left pane.
- Remove the ““MySearchDial New Tab” extension from there by pressing the “recycle icon” to the right.
Step 4: Remove remaining malicious registry entries and files.
- Download and install “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free“. (Beware: at the last screen of installation, uncheck the box next to “Enable free Trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO” in order to use the free version of this GREAT software).
- Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and at the “Scanner” tab. select the “Quick Scan” option and press the “Scan”.button.
- Wait until this process is finished. Then click the “Show Results” button to review its findings.
- Right-click to “Select All” items found and press the “Remove Selected” button.
- Restart your computer if needed and you ‘re done.
That’s all folks! It might sound like a lot of work, but in reality you’ll be free from the “MySearchDial” infection in less than 20 minutes, if you follow these instructions. Did it work for you? Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about these really annoying crap Windows infections.