What are Adware POP-UPs (POP-UP Ads) ?
Adware POP-UPs (POP-UP Ads) are small browser windows that open automatically on your screen and display advertisements in order to get traffic and earn money.
Why should you remove POP-UPs?
Adware POP-UPs are not necessary malicious. But many adware programs modify your browser search settings in order to display more advertisements, gather your personal information without your permission (phishing) or make your computer slow and insecure (spyware).
Adware Programs are unwanted programs and are quite often bundled in the installation files of other legitimate programs (software tools and stuff). People go through the installation without noticing that this kind of software is malicious.
If you see unwanted pop-ups ads displayed on your screen while you use your computer, then you must scan your computer for malicious programs running on it.
In this tutorial you can find out how to eliminate POP-UP Ads and Adware programs installed on your computer.
How to remove POP-UP Ads
Step 1. Check and Terminate all malicious running processes:
- Download and run RogueKiller.
- Press the “Scan” button (when pre-scan operation is complete).
- Be patient until Rogue Killer scans your system.
- Finally review its findings and press the “Delete” button to clean all malicious entries.
Step 2. Remove Adware by using AdwCleaner.
- Download “AdwCleaner” utility to your computer (e.g. your desktop).
- After you download it, close all open programs and run AdwCleaner.
- At the main window, press the “Scan” button and wait until the scan is completed.
- Finally press the “Clean” button to remove all the entries it has found and restart your computer.
Step 3: Remove remaining malicious registry entries and files.
- Download and install “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free“. (Beware: at the last screen of installation, uncheck the box next to “Enable free Trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO” in order to use the free version of this GREAT software).
- Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and at the “Scanner” tab, select the “Quick Scan” option and press the “Scan” button.
- Wait until this process is finished. Then click the “Show Results” button to review its findings.
- Right-click to “Select All” items found and press the “Remove Selected” button.
- Restart your computer if needed and you ‘re done.
That’s all folks! Did it work for you? Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about these really annoying crap Windows infections.