This guide contains several methods to find out your computer name on Windows 10 or Windows 7 Operating Systems. Each computer has a computer name to identify it on the network. The computer name in the Windows operating systems is assigned during the first installation and can be changed at any time if needed.
In this tutorial will show you all the available methods to view the Windows 10 computer name.
How to find out the Computer Name in Windows 10, 8, 7 & Vista OS.
* Note: Almost all of the following methods, except the last two, apply to all Windows operating systems.
Method 1. Find Computer Name using Explorer.
1. Open File Explorer.
2. Right-click on This PC icon (or at "Computer" icon on Windows 7) and choose Properties.
To view the Computer Name on Windows 10, look at Device name.
To view the Computer Name on Windows 7, look at Computer name.
Method 2. Find Computer Name from Control Panel.
1. Navigate to Windows Control Panel.
2. Click System and Security and then click System.
3. Look At "Device Name" field to find the out the computer name in Windows 10. (on Windows 7, look at "Computer name" field)
Method 3. View Computer Name in System Information.
1. At the search box type system information and open the System information app.
2. Look at System Name filed to find out your computer name.
Method 4. Find Computer Name in Command Prompt.
To view your computer name in command prompt.
1. At the search box type cmd or command prompt and press Enter.
2. At command prompt, type hostname and press Enter.
Method 5. Find Computer Name using a Keyboard Shortcut.
* Note: If your keyboard doesn't have a Pause/Break key then use one of the other methods.
Method 6. Find Out Computer Name from Power User menu on Windows 10.
3. Look At "Device Name" field to find the out Windows 10 computer name
Method 7. View Computer Name from Settings on Windows 10.
To view your Windows 10 computer name in Settings:
That’s all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.
- FIX: TEAMS Sign-in error on Mac 'Selected user account does not exist in tenant Microsoft Services and cannot access the application' (Solved) - December 4, 2023
- How to Upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11 from ISO file. - November 29, 2023
- How to Update to Windows 11 23H2 On Unsupported Hardware. - November 27, 2023