If you face the blue screen error "VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR" in Windows 10, follow the instructions below to fix the problem.
The Windows 10 BSOD error "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We 're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. If you like to know more, you can search online later for this error: VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR", usually indicates a problem with the Video drivers.
This tutorial contains step-by-step instructions to resolve the blue screen error "VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR" in Windows 10.
How to FIX: Windows 10 VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR.
Step 1. Fix VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR by Uninstalling/Reinstalling Video Drivers.
1. Open Device Manager. To do that:
2. Expand the Display adapters.
3. Right-click on the installed display adapter(s) and select Uninstall device.
4. At the next window, if you have the option: "Delete the driver software for this device", select it and then click OK to remove installed drivers from the computer.
5. After uninstall, restart your computer and navigate to Device Manager again.
6. Right click on the Computer Name (on the top) and select Scan for hardware changes.
7. Let Windows to detect and install the display drivers and then restart your computer again and check if the "VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR" persists. *
* Note: If Windows cannot install automatically the display drivers automatically or if you still face the blue screen error, proceed to the next step.
Step 2. Re-Install Video Drivers from the Manufacturer's Site.
1. Navigate to Device Manager and uninstall the installed display adapter. *
* Note: If you own a laptop with two (2) display adapters then uninstall both of them.
2. Go to your computer (or graphics card) manufacturer's support site and download the latest drivers for your graphics card(s).
3. Proceed and install the downloaded driver. *
* Important Note: If you own a laptop with two (2) display adapters, proceed first to install the drivers for the AMD or the NVIDIA adapter and restart your laptop. After restart, proceed and install the drivers for the INTEL display adapter and then restart your laptop again.
4. After installation, restart your PC and check if the VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR is solved. If not, proceed to next step.
Step 3. Repair DirectX to fix VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR.
The VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR, indicates a problem on Microsoft's DirectX drivers. So, proceed the repair DirectX.
1. Download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.
2. Run the downloaded file (dxwebsetup.exe) and follow the on-screen prompts to install the DirectX Runtime optional components.
3. When the installation is completed restart your PC.
5. After the updates installation, restart your PC again and check if the BSOD error is solved. If not, proceed to next step.
Step 4. Repair Windows 10 System Files.
1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
2. In command prompt give the following command and press Enter:
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
3. When the DISM operation is completed, type the following command and hit Enter:
- sfc /scannow
4. Now wait until the System File Checker repairs the Windows System Files.
5. When this done, restart your computer and check if the error persists.
Step 5. Analyze Minidump (BSOD) log file.
When Windows crashes with a blue screen, stores the details of the BSoD screen to small file(s), which called "MiniDump". The analysis of the Minidump file(s) can help you to troubleshoot and resolve the blue screen VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR problem. To accomplish this task follow the instructions in this article: How to Analyze MiniDump Files with BlueScreenView.
That’s all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.