The error "For security and performance, this mode of Windows only runs verified apps from the Store" appears when Windows 10 is running in S Mode, or because of a setting on your computer, which restricts third-party apps and software from being installed.
This tutorial contains instructions to resolve the error "For security and performance, this mode of Windows only runs verified apps from the Store", when trying to install a third-party application in Windows 10.
How to allow the installation of third-party applications in Windows 10.
Step 1. Find out the installed Windows 10 Version.
Method 1. Allow Windows 10 to Install Apps from Anywhere.
2. At Apps & feature settings, select to install apps from Anywhere.
Method 2. Switch Out from Windows 10 S Mode.
Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance and for that reason doesn't allow to run apps outside of the Microsoft Store. To get around this limitation, you need to exit S mode, which is a very easy way, but keep in mind that once you exit S mode, you will not be able to return to Windows 10 in S mode..
To Sign Out from Windows 10 S Mode to Windows 10 Home:
2. Select Activation on the left and then click Go to Store.
3. In Switch out of S Mode page, click Get and then click Install. *
4. Finally click Yes, Lets go to switch out from S Mode.
* Note: If after clicking the 'Install' button you receive the error "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade", proceed and install all the available Windows 10 updates, restart your PC and try again.
4. When the installation is completed, you'll be informed that you'll be able to install apps from outside of the Microsoft Store.
That's all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.