One of my customers, faced the following strange problem when he opens several Excel files: The Excel file seem to open normally, but the Excel won’t show the worksheet (Worksheet area is grayed out and the data doesn’t appear at all). As a first try, I repaired the MS Office (2007) installation but the problem still exists. Finally after some research I found the following solution to resolve the “Excel Worksheet data not showing” problem.
How to fix: Excel Data not showing – not visible – data area is grayed out.
1. Go to View Menu and select Arrange All.
2. At the menu that comes up, check the “Windows of active workbook” checkbox and click OK.
Now you should see the contents of the Excel Workbook!
3. One last action. Save the Workbook and you ‘re done!
Additional help: If the above tip doesn’t help you, then:
A. Perform a repair at Office installation. To do that:
- Navigate to Windows Control Panel > Programs and features.
- Locate and select the MS Office application and then click Change.
- Then select the Repair option.
B. Disable the Hardware Acceleration at Excel application: To do that:
Notice: The option to disable the graphics acceleration is only available at Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
1. From Excel’s main menu select Options.
2. At Excel Options window, choose Advanced on the left pane.
3. At the right pane, under Display options, uncheck the “Disable hardware graphics acceleration” checkbox and click OK.
That’s all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.