This tutorial contains instructions to fix the 80072EFE Update Error in Windows 7 OS. The Windows Update Error Code 80072EFE may appear either after a clean install of Windows 7 or after checking for the latest updates.
To fix the Windows 7 update error 80072EFE, follow the instructions below.
FIX: Update Error Code 80072EFE in Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2.
Method 1. Install Update KB3138612
1. Download and install KB3138612 Update according your OS version:
2. After installation restart your PC and check for updates.
Method 2. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
1. Navigate to Windows Control Panel, set the 'View By' to Small icons and open Troubleshooting.
2. In Troubleshooting options, click Fix problems with Windows Update.
3. Click Next to troubleshoot Windows update problems.
5. When the troubleshooting process is complete, close the troubleshooter and restart your PC.
6. Check for updates.
Method 3. Run the System Update Readiness tool.
1. Download and run the System Update Readiness tool according to your Windows version.
2. When the installation is completed, restart your computer and try to search updates.
That's all folks! Which method worked for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.