If your Windows 8 OS was not updated automatically (through “Automatic Update” feature) in Windows 8.1 Update 1 (latest version – April 2014), then you can follow this tutorial to update your computer manually.
How to Install Windows 8.1 Update 1 Manually:
Step 1. Download the Windows 8.1 Update 1.
- From the links below, choose your corresponding Windows version and download the standalone Windows 8.1 Update 1 package file (KB2919355) .*
* Attention: The Windows 8.1 Update package contains the following five (5) separate files: KB2919355, KB2932046, KB2937592, KB2938439, and KB2934018) and you must download all of them to your computer in order to install Windows 8.1 Update.
- Windows 8.1 Update for x86 (32bit) based Systems (KB2919355):
- Windows 8.1 Update for x64 (64bit) based Systems (KB2919355):
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Update (KB2919355):
Step 2: Download the KB2919442 Update.
- Download the KB2919442 update file to your computer:
- Windows 8 KB2919442 download link.
Step 3: Install Windows 8.1 Update 1.
- First make sure that you have downloaded the following six (6).update files on your computer:
- Install the downloaded updates in the following order and restart your computer:
- Restart your computer.
Additional help: If any update fails to install correctly, try restarting your computer before trying again.