What is "OutBrowse" ?
“OutBrowse” is a monetization platform. OutBrowse (PUP.Optional.OutBrowse) is an adware program and is categorized as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or add-on that was probably installed on your computer without your knowledge and upon installed, it modifies browser settings in order to display ads from unknown publishers to earn money.
Potentially unwanted programs can be installed on the computer according to user permission, but when they are installed, they can harm the computer, because they run on the computer background and may contain malicious code.
Why you should remove it?
The "OutBrowse" software was most probably installed on your computer with your knowledge but upon installed on your computer runs always on the computer background and decreases your computer speed and security. Programs like this can may contain adware, spyware or other malware software on their code.
You MUST remove “OutBrowse” unwanted program A.S.A.P. Your computer is at a great risk! Never underestimate the power that programs can have on your life.
How to remove “OutBrowse” adware from your computer?
You can easily get rid of “OutBrowse” unwanted program by following the steps given below:
Step 1: Uninstall “OutBrowse” software from your Control Panel.
- Open Windows Control Panel. In case you don’t know how to do that, here is what you have to do:
- Windows 8:
- Simultaneously press “Windows” + “R” keys to open the RUN window.
- In Open Box, type: control panel
- Press Enter.
- Windows 7 or Vista:
- Go to Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP:
- Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features (Add or Remove Programs).
- Windows 8:
* Note: If you cannot see Programs And Features, change the “View by:” to Small Icons (on top right). (In Windows XP: click Switch to Classic view on the left).
- Sort the installed programs by “Installed On” date and remove any other unknown or unwanted program that was recently installed on your computer.
Step 2: Remove "OutBrowse” Adware by using AdwCleaner.
- Download “AdwCleaner” utility to your computer (e.g. your desktop).
- After you download it, close all open programs and run AdwCleaner.
- At the main window, press the “Scan” button and wait until the scan is completed.
- Finally press the “Clean” button to remove all the entries it has found and restart your computer.
Step 3: Remove OutBrowse by using JRT
- Download and run Junkware Removal Tool.
- Be patient until JRT scans and cleans your system and then reboot your computer again.
Step 4: Remove remaining malicious registry entries and files.
- Download and install “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free“. (Beware: at the last screen of installation, uncheck the box next to “Enable free Trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO” in order to use the free version of this GREAT software).
- Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and at the “Scanner” tab, select the “Quick Scan” option and press the “Scan” button.
- Wait until this process is finished. Then click the “Show Results” button to review its findings.
- Right-click to “Select All” items found and press the “Remove Selected” button.
- Restart your computer if needed and you ‘re done.
One final step: Restart your computer and perform a full scan with your antivirus program.
That’s all folks! It might sound like a lot of work, but in reality you’ll be free from the “OutBrowse” unwanted program in less than 20 minutes, if you follow these instructions. Did it work for you? Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about these really annoying crap Windows infections.