What is “Dosearches” ?
“Do searches” (dosearches.com) is a browser hijacker program that modifies your Internet search settings to “dosearches.com” search settings in order to redirect browsing results to ads from unknown publishers.
Why you should remove it?
The “Do searches” application was most probably installed on your computer without your knowledge and hijacks your browser settings in order to redirect your web searches to advertisements to earn money for its publishers. The “Dosearches.com” malware app also modifies all your Internet shortcuts in order to display the “dosearches.com” homepage when you open your Internet browser.
You MUST remove “dosearches.com” infection A.S.A.P. Your computer is at a great risk! Never underestimate the power that these little browser hijackers can have on your life.
How to uninstall “DoSearch” settings?
You can easily get rid of “dosearches” infections by following the steps given bellow:
Step 1. Remove “do-search” Adware by using AdwCleaner.
- Download “AdwCleaner” utility to your computer (e.g. your desktop).
- After you download it, close all open programs and run AdwCleaner.
- At the main window, press the “Scan” button and wait until the scan is completed.
- Finally press the “Clean” button to remove all the entries it has found and restart your computer.
Step 2: Delete “dosearches” infection from Internet shortcuts.
- Right-click on your Internet browser shortcut (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome).
- Choose “Properties”.
- Press the “Shortcut” tab
- Look at the “Target” field and delete the “http://dosearches.com/…” argument at the end of “Target” command and press “OK”.
Attention: You have to perform the same operation on all Internet shortcuts, including those on your desktop, taskbar and your programs list.
Step 3: Remove remaining malicious registry entries and files.
- Download and install “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free“. (Beware: at the last screen of installation, uncheck the box next to “Enable free Trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO” in order to use the free version of this GREAT software).
- Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and at the “Scanner” tab. select the “Quick Scan” option and press the “Scan” button.
- Wait until this process is finished. Then click the “Show Results” button to review its findings.
- Right-click to “Select All” items found and press the “Remove Selected” button.
- Restart your computer if needed and you ‘re done.
That’s all folks! It might sound like a lot of work, but in reality you’ll be free from the “dosearches.com” infection in less than 15 minutes, if you follow these instructions. Did it work for you? Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about these really annoying crap Windows infections.